“Tasty lunch”
Review of Lola

Lola
Ranked #8 of 10 Restaurants in Camana Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Lola - A trendy bistro; fit for foodies Located in the heart of Camana Bay, Lola is focused on international comfort food with something on the menu for everyone. Open everyday and popular to both locals and tourists who are loving this friendly neighborhood bistro offering an inventive & creative menu that offers diners an opportunity to experience a modern spin on their favorite dishes. With freshness and flavor at the forefront, this trendy and cozy little bistro serves breakfast, lunch & dinner daily! Lola also has full bar service with specialty cocktails, fresh juices, a great wine list and ice cold beers on tap! The in-house bakery and pastry shop specialises in artisan breads, designer cakes, sweet & savoury treats and gourmet coffees by Illy. Catering for events of all sizes is also available. Lola is open seven days a week with both indoor seating and alfresco dining on Camana Bay’s vibrant Paseo. Perfect for people watching, ideal for foodies.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Ran into this restaurant for lunch while strolling through Camana Bay. Quickly cross checked this place on tripadvisor and the reviews looked good. I was glad we came here. Food was great and service was fast. We ordered the chicken ceasar wrap, fries, house salad and the caprese ciabatta. Fresh ingredients and presented nicely. I would recommend their drink ‘The Perfect Lemonade’ because it truly was one of the best lemonades I ever had. Prices were comparable to other quick sit down restaurants in Cayman. Would recommend.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We sat outside for dinner enjoyed the warm evening. I ordered the Malaysian Curry Chicken. Outstanding. I’m not a huge fan of curry but this is one of the best dishes I had in Grand Cayman. Service is excellent. Price is reasonable for the quality and quantity of food.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We went there to eat Wednesday night after browsing thru the farmers market. The service was spectacular. Our server was attentive and very helpful with the menu. The food was wonderful. We started with the fondue Parmesan which was different than I thought. They were 2 breaded patties of cheese served in a bowl with salad and tomatoe sauce to dip it in. Those were delicious. For our dinner we ordered the lamb and the fish stir fry. Both meals were excellent. The presentation of the food was beautiful, but it was the taste that was so impressive. The fish had a crisp searing but was moist inside. The sauce was perfect, it had a slight sweetness to it but it wasn’t over powering. The lamb came in thin slices in an au jus that was delicious . The potatoes were cheesy and melted in your mouth. We are here every year for 3 months in the winter and have eaten in many of the island restaurants. This is now ranked as one of our favorite places to eat. The drinks were also very tasteful. Don’t miss this gem!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I had takeaway from this restaurant. The meals looked like they had been thrown into a box and the size of the salmon fillet was absolutely tiny. The food was flavourless and felt like no effort had been made at all. For a salad and a stir fry, $40 was excessive and I will not be returning again. The staff were all very lovely and I cannot fault their manners but the food we received was atrocious.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch the first day of our vacation on the Island this year (we have been going to the Caymans for 22years). This was our first time at Lola’s. I had the curry chicken wrap and my wife had the steak roll up and French
fries. Both were excellent and the waitress were excellent. I regret I don’t remember their names, but they were from the Philippines and Venezuela. We went back our last day and had the tower burger. Again excellent. In addition we had a wonderful conversation with Chef Deb. We look forward to going back again. We have a few favorites on the island and Lola’s is now on the list. I have to question the negative reviews, I am pretty critical when it comes to restaurant reviews. The price is in line with all on the Caymans, not cheap but the quality and service was excellent.

LolaCayman, Owner at Lola, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Tom S

Thank you very much for your detailed review. First and foremost, welcome back to Grand Cayman! It is such a pleasure to receive feedback from someone who has been a longtime visitor to our islands. Our Chef Deb, and both Pauline and Steph are all valued employees and thank you for letting me know they took such good care of you and your wife.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Lola soon again.

Best wishes