“Lovely place for a relaxing afternoon cake and coffee”
Review of Masonmill

Masonmill
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Carmel
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Recently visited here for cake and coffee on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Masonmill has changed considerably since we last came here which was many years ago. Obviously a lot of time and money has been spent to make the venue what it is now.

Meeting up with some friends for a catch-up we ordered cakes and coffees and pots of tea. Service was good although we did wait a short while for the order to be delivered. All good, we were in no hurry and the place was busy.

The cakes were delicious and servings big enough to have an impact on our waist's!

We will be back to try some of the lunch or dinner options that looked very good.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We took our Irish visitors here for St Patrick's day. We had a very authentic Irish breakfast made from local suppliers. The black and white pudding was a nice treat. Thank goodness I ordered the small as that was more than adequate. You'd need to be hungry if you order the 'Full Irish Breakfast"
Worth the trip just for the naughty but delicious "Fried Bread"
The grounds were just beautiful to walk around and we could of sat there all day. Great Irish corner which added a nice touch for our visitors on St Patrick's Day. Great vision of the people who have built this business up from a rose farm.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

The gardens are absolutely picturesque and took my breathe away the first time I visited the venue. The owners have made several upgrades and developments across the years, and it appears that they continue to do so with the new Irish bar/garden area. Unfortunately, service can be quite hit and miss and really lets the venue down. I visited the venue today and ordered a take away meal along with another friend so that we could eat over in the play area. When the buzzer was set off only the coffee and my friend's meal was ready. I was told that they were just finishing off my meal and it wouldn't be too long. I ended up waiting another 10 minutes or so before my meal, the Ploughman's, was ready. I think this is really unacceptable as it shouldn't have taken the additional 10mins for my meal to be ready, and if it was 10 mins away from being ready the staff should have waited before setting off the buzzer. I have booked this venue and paid a deposit for a family function in a few weeks time and I really hope staff are on the ball!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

1  Thank Steph R
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Service was poor, line up to get drinks and place food order, over -priced and the meal was average,..