“Fabulous time!”

Decouvertes Vigneronnes
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Gigondas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PRIVATE WINE TOUR OFFERS FULL DAY and HALF DAY TOURIn a large confortable van, I guide you throught the most prestigious vineyards of Southern Rhone.Usualy I start at 9am by a stop on round peppels CHATEAUNEUF DU PAPE vineyards for "Terroirs" explanations as influence of the soils, grappes, climate and humans & mecanicals works. Next I offer a free walk around the old 14th century pope's castle at the heart of the village.Winery visit start at 10.30am and I provide all details from the harvest room reception to the wine making, oak maturing and bottling cellars. 11.30 is the best time for enjoying white and red full bodied Chateauneuf du Pape's wines.Depending your expectations, I can suggest a lunch in a partner restaurant, from local snaking to gastronomic places.Afternoon follow in GIGONDAS ( from the latin jucunditas meaning "joice & jubilation"). There I open for you the doors of my best wine makers friends for unforgetable and sensitives moments around their wines and their sharing conviviality.On the way back I often stop in a last estate located in BEAUMES DE VENISE who gets two productions : vine roots graft, and a large selection of wines as VACQUEYRAS, BEAUMES DE VENISE, MUSCAT, GIGONDAS.Full day and half day tour forms are exactly the same, just the the visits durations will be changed. Anyway, all my tours are private, so we can customize them to the closer to your expectations.Details from 2 to 8 persons :Half Day Tour departure is at 8.30 am or 1.30 pm - Duration 5 hours - Charges door to doors, all fees included are 65€ per persons - Departure from your hotel or accomodation in a limit of 30km around Avignon.Full Day Tour departure is at 8.30 am - Duration 9 hours - Charges door to doors, all fees included except lunch are 120€ per persons - Departure from your hotel or accomodation in a limit of 30km around Avignon.Details from 9 to 50 persons on request DECOUVERTES VIGNERONNES gets partnership with excursion company and propose private wine tours, all year long in the most famous vineyards of southern Rhone Valley as CHATEAUNEUF DU PAPE, GIGONDAS, BEAUMES DE VENISE or VACQUEYRAS.History and economy of those places, winerys visits, educationnal wine tasting wil be provided by Julien, professionnal and local guide, graduated in vine-growing & oenology.
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife Kathy and I really enjoyed our time with Julienne...He was an excellent guide and very knowledgeable and fun to be with! We had a great time! We highly recommend him when traveling in the Rhone-Provence wine country!

2  Thank clinton s

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I booked a wine tour from Avignon, France with Julien. We have taken numerous wine tours in many countries but this was the best. Julien is incredibly knowledgeable. My husband is an amateur wine maker and had many technical questions to which Juien was always able to provide insightful answers. His expertise is outstanding. He was also able to meet my needs with answers about the area and people. Cannot beat the value. We paid less for a private tour with Julien than many pay for a small van tour with 6-8 people.

2  Thank donna b
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Great tour! Julien has very good English. He provided a great mix of technical information to my husband who already had some knowledge of wine making and more basic information for me. Also provided alot of information on history and culture of area. We have taken alot of wine tours. This was the best. He made the tour to fit our needs.

2  Thank oldwanders
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked this tour for my boyfriend and me after I read other great reviews on TripAdvisor. One reason why I chose Julien’s tour is that he picks up clients from hotels in the area, and since we were already going to be in Gigondas, this was a big bonus. Many other tours depart from Avignon, meaning we’d have to drive our car back and forth from where were staying. This didn’t make sense for us since part of the reason we wanted to take a tour was so we could enjoy tastings without having to drive.

Julien only does private tours so it was just the three of us throughout the day. The tour felt tailored to our level of knowledge, and there was plenty of time to ask questions. He could easily answer them all, never letting on if they were silly or not, and was very thorough! Given that the tour was private, his rates were also quite reasonable.

My boyfriend is originally from the area and really appreciated that Julien was too. While he’s done extensive schooling/studies, Julien knows the region firsthand and has a lot of passion for it without sounding biased. On my end, as someone who does not speak French, I appreciated Julien’s strong English skills. He remembered and was eager to speak in English to both of us throughout the tour rather than having side conversations in French with my boyfriend that would make me feel left out.

We both highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting the area. We found it to be one of the highlights of our trip.

1  Thank GFG16