Lowest prices for your stay
$213
View deal
Booking.com$124
Hotels.com$213
Priceline$323
All reviews day tour boat ride day trippers mainland sandbar similan exclusivity privacy php minibar
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2022 via mobile

This is a beautiful Island. Now we didn't stay at the resort but traveled to the beach on Sumilo Island. I can tell you it's incredible. The waters of the ocean are breathtaking. You catch a small vessel across to the island. Then you have plenty of time to swim and enjoy the beach. Now be careful about the weather and how hot it gets. There is shade close to the beach. But it's limited. Above the beach is places to relax and sit in the shade. Food is allowed but not on the beach. Worth the ride out to discover something new.

Room tip: Bring sunscreen and water.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2022 via mobile

I booked this resort because of the location and expectation it would be quiet and blissful.

I was aware that the sandbar gets day trippers but did not realise that the hotel also allows (for a fee) day visitors to use the pool and hotel facilities.

Oh my what an awful, loud, overcrowded place this is. The weekends are worse.

I cut my stay short and I left after 24 hours as I could not handle it. It was dreadful.

The island is incredible and the water Cristal clear but you can not get a sun lounger by the pool neither can you relax. This for me is also a huge security risk because you can not leave anything lying around due to potential theft. I really despise hotels that allow day visitors. I have stayed at a few and promptly left. It takes away the point on staying for a premium in such a resort when anyone can use the facilities. Sumilon is very pretty so clear people will take advantage. Just stay on the mainland and get the first boat across in the morning.

More in general.

The rooms are nice and well appointed. Privacy is an issue as most rooms open up on to the sea which is amazing view wise but the main path walks by the front of your room.

The food is dreadful and I got a very bad stomach after eating in the hotel and still suffering 3 days later. They also run out of favourites (probably due to day visitors) the menu is extremely limited.

The final warning. For anyone who is mobility restricted should avoid as well. Very steep stairs.

I regretted booking this property.

If you want to visit Sumilon do a day trip.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank dewby
Reviewed May 5, 2022 via mobile

Sumilon Island Blue water resort is overrated and the boat feels not safe for kids and old people.

We paid P11,800 for 12 adults and 3 kids . We were told that 9k+ will be consumable for food and drinks.

Upon arriving we were advised that it’s a buffet style instead of ala carte order. We were disappointed because the menu was not even Cebu’s famous dish. No seafood, no menu for kids and there was no variety options for drinks. Multiple saucy viands were on the table which were meagre and subclass for a resort that caters local and international visitors.

Skipping this from your itinerary is highly recommended. This island will just waste your time and money.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2022

My family spent our Christmas for 3 days including Christmas eve. I would like to thanks the management of bluewater resort for showing Hospitality at its best even if we were the only guests in the island. They never abandoned us, Superb services, Very hard working crew, even during difficult times and holidays. And most of all, I would like to mention and thanks and commend Mr. Arnel Barreta and chef Rex Firmalino for giving us a superb services and professionalism and specially spending Christmas with us in the island. They deserve commendation. Good job guys. Regards from my family.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed October 23, 2021 via mobile

Went to Sumilon last March of 2019 for a day tour. The experience was great. They have an exclusive parking area for your car. Going to the island was about 15 minutes boat ride. Clean place, safe lockers, fresh towels, clean shower area. We also enjoyed pedal boating. I really wished we could have stayed longer. Will definitely be back soon with my family.

Date of stay: October 2021