Ivy Hai Tien Hotel(Thanh Hoa)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$31
US$30
US$32
US$31
  • Restaurant
Lam Kinh Hotel(Thanh Hoa)
US$26
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Tai Hoa hotel(Thanh Hoa)(Great Value!)
US$8
Central Hotel(Thanh Hoa)
TripAdvisor
Dao Ngoc Hotel(Thanh Hoa)
Agoda.com
All reviewsinfinity poolpu luonglocal guiderice fieldsstunning viewsbreakfast was buffet styleenjoyed our stayexcellent staffspecial thanksoff the beaten trackin advancephohidden gemroom for improvementset menucourse mealegg station
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here for 1 night. Since I heard a friend of mine recommended this place to me couple of years ago. I really wanna to come and check it out, so today I have made it.
In general, I love the views from my stilt house, the ways they decorations, lovely staff. However, I’m quite disappointed with the swimming pool (it not very clean).
Highly recommend this place to everyone!

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 4 May 2018

We arrived after a long and winding drive to Puluong Retreat and anxious to get settled in. We reserved a Dlx. Bungalow with a view and our view was greatly cut off by large trees right off our balcony. Our friends next door had fantastic views! Food was just OK but we were not there for the food. Room was clean but my biggest upset was when I got into the shower, got my long hair all suds up and there was no hot water. I am not a cold water person, so this was upsetting to have to take a shower, taking enough time to get all the soap and suds off my body and out of my hair, with COLD water.
Pros: the gorgeous scenery on our treks and meeting the most friendly and lovely village people. The restaurant staff, especially "Rose" who made our dining experiences so fun.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and fell in love with the area. It is absolutely stunning - the views are spectacular and the guided walks in the surrounding area are phenomenal- the guides don’t really speak any English but were useful for showing us the way to some lovely villages. Ban Kho Muong was geographically one of the most amazing places I’ve visited. The retreat itself is clean and tidy. The beds were comfortable with mosquito nets. We loved sitting on our balcony at night listening to the noise of the frogs and watching the fireflies dot around the mountain. Truly something I’ll never forget. We found the food in the restaurant to be good and the staff were all friendly, especially Mr Mike to was very helpful, It is true that the pool doesn’t look the most inviting but both my kids went in and it was fine. We wouldn’t hesitate to go back here to visit more of the area- it is so tourist free compared to everywhere else we went to in Vietnam.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Sacha C
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last week & the room( bungalow) was very beautiful , very clean , and the best view in the world.
Although you can use their arranged guided tours, I asked to have a motorbike and driver for 250dong( about 13 $can) this guy took me off the beaten track , including the Water Wheels which must be seen. So much beauty.
The pool was filled our second day there and mountain cold & clean. Felt good!
In an effort to accommodate their guests, the servers seemed to not want to enforce their no smoking policy in communal areas. Cigarette Smoke was a big annoyance for me-
There should be no Smoking allowed anywhere on this gorgeous property but I realize that Vietnam is still learning.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The location is beautiful and the area is well worth a visit. The "retreat" however is anything but. We stayed in the dorm room stilt house, mattresses on the floor divided by curtains, the mattress and sheets were so damp that I had to sleep in a pair of leggings and my husband had to get up during the night to change his t-shirt from the damp soaking through. Both nights that we stayed (Monday and Tuesday) there was blasting karaoke music until 11 or 12 at night and construction work starting at 6am so not the peaceful night's rest you might expect for a "retreat" in a nature reserve. The shower and bathroom facilities were fine but there was no free water provided so you had to buy the overpriced water from the restaurant to brush teeth etc... (First time in 4 wks of travel in Vietnam that water has not been provided, there is also nowhere to buy it nearby).

The pool which looks beautiful on the website is green stagnant and full of algae. I saw nobody venture near it to swim (or to clean it) in the three days we were there. They claim that the pool is chemical free and kept clean by running water from the mountain but this water was clearly stagnant and had not been changed in some time.

The absolute lowest point of our stay in Puluong however was the food. Both nights that we had dinner here 70% of our food was practically inedible. The salad was covered in a dressing that tasted like washing detergent, the "stir fried" chicken was a plate of boiled skin, fat and cartilage sitting in oil on the plate. Absolutely revolting. My husband's roast pork was the same, overcooked pieces of fat and bone. Still hungry we ordered dessert "flambe banana in rum" which arrived as 3 cold fibrous slices of banana drizzled in a cheap synthetic chocolate sauce. The first night the food was awful but we put it down to ordering a dodgy choice on the menu but after 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches (a set menu which was marginally better) and 2 dinners, I can categorically say this was the worst food of our stay in Vietnam. It is also highly expensive and there are no options to eat elsewhere.

The staff here were helpful and polite, and there are spectacular views and walks in the surrounding area but overall I was highly disappointed in my stay here and would definitely not recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple