1,957 results
All reviews la sala sea fire salt tree house private pool lagoon villa salt restaurant treehouse bar turtle village bath salts outdoor bathtub our honeymoon seafood coffee club day bed happy hour heaven on earth golf cart
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom villa with private pool belonging to the Anantara Villa resort but situated at the Anantara vacation club.
The room and the internal equipment was just perfect and everything is included what you need for a luxury stay in a private villa. The breakfast that we took in the beautiful La Sala restaurant in the villa resorts area was just having an enourmous choice for all kind of tastes.
The 2 hotels are very different in particular of service and food. The vacation club side is full of Chinese and the staff is less kind. Also the vegetation is less beautiful as there are not so many old trees and plants. It was a bit a pity that our villa was not located in the villa resort area, as there it’s just amazing with the Lagune.
You believe you would live in the trees...
the food on the vacation club is not as god as in the resort restaurant, thats why we were only eating at the nice restaurants of the villa resort, anyway the whole stay was just amazing, the staff is taking care on all the wishes and the food in the restaurants of the villas is just perfect.
In one sentence: this Anantara villa resort let’s you enjoy a relaxing holiday with children and many different possibilities like sailing, swimming, tennis, gym and a huge choice of other activities...

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Anantara M, Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms) at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear hannochev,

Thank you for your time to post a review about your recent stay at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed your stay experience.

Thank you for highlighting the services and facilities you particularly enjoyed and sharing it with other travelers here. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Sayamon Sittirit
Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Lagoon Pool Villa for 3 days as a getaway. Once we stepped in the lobby, we felt it quiet and peaceful. I believe the villa was with full occupancy during our stay (could tell from the guests at the breakfast), you wouldn't meet many guests around the villa. This made us feel silence, peaceful and private which was what we looked for in a getaway. We nearly tried all the restaurants in the villa. The service was good but the food quality still has room to improve. We also tried the dining by design at Tree House (Grilled seafood menu) but frankly, it was not worth (THB6999++ per person). I'd rather order a-la-carte menu at the Sea. Fire. Salt. The pool in the villa was large enough for both me and my husband to swim together and the room was spacious. I would stay again at this Villa if I return to Phuket in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear KWONG424,

Thank you for your time to provide a review. We much appreciate your feedback as it assists us with our ongoing efforts to improve our resort.

We have taken your feedback on board regarding the Dining By Design and we are currently working on enhancing the quality of food and well as the dinning experience.

I thank you for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,

Sayamon Sittirit
Executive Assistant Manager (Rooms)

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Cordial, luxurious, accommodating, and most importantly genuine. I have a thing for authenticity... they have it here. Kind smiles, and a serene ambiance I won’t soon to forget. The villa included some wonderful thoughtful amenities and the private infinity pool was quite a unique little escape. I enjoyed the communal amenities as well. If your in the market a great all around luxurious villa this is a no brainer. Great for 2 traveling couples. Great breakfast buffet. Great little bars and bites near the villas as well. What else can I say it was a luxurious experience, can’t really complain, though I often do.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Anantara M, Rooms Division Manager at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Hugo G,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your comments.

As an Anantara property, we strive to deliver service excellence at every opportunity and I am pleased to read that our team catered to your each and every need in order to deliver a carefree, relaxing holiday.

Hugo G, thank you once again for choosing Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for even more memorable moments.

With kind regards,

Piyapong Kunluck
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Been in this resort during my short weekend holiday in February. It is very convenient to get to the resort from the airport. We as a family got welcomed by a resort host lady. She also took us to the rooms and explained resort facilities. She also arranged a local taxi to take us to Phuket town. There is also no trouble with our room arrangement. Yes, we got family room as previously requested. Though there were lots of tourists in the resort due to peak season, the resort was still maintaining its serenity and tranquility. The staff were all friendly and always there to offer their helping hands. Their breakfast was great of choice. My family loved its international buffet. Our rooms were neatly tidied and the room maid had attention to small details like numbers of slippers, bathrobes, etc. They noticed that we are a big family and arranged everything accordingly without asking. Loved it. I highly recommend the place to those travelling with family and definitely this place will become on my top list whenever I visit Phuket.

Room Tip: Family rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear "Sakdapol',

a wonderful good morning from sunny Phuket.
Thank you very much for your recent visit to our 'shores' and the time you appropriated in sharing details of your amazing experience with others, this is truly appreciated.
I am very happy to know that you and your family enjoyed the property, the truly Thai hospitality delivered from the heart, and all that Phuket has to offer. We would be delighted to know you return back one day, do contact us in advance to assure we are readily prepared for whatever experiences you are looking for - with pleasure.

Sincerely with best regards

Nik Priesnitz
Area General Manager
npriesnitz@anantara.com

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas for eight nights and the stay was pure bliss. The attention to detail is astonishing and even though there are signs of wear and tear it did not bring the overall impression down since everything is made with quality and the aging becomes more like charming patina.
The grounds are breathtaking and you can spend hours just walking around the gardens and it feels like you’re in a botanical garden where everything is really well kept and beautiful.
The villas themselves are amazing, spacious and really private. If not the rest of the hotel would be so lovely, you could happily just spend your holidays within the four walls of your private villa, garden and gorgeous private pool.

The only downside is really not related to the hotel itself but to the lack of nice local beach restaurants close by. In other places we’ve been in Thailand that has been a big part of the experience, and even though there are a few restaurants just outside the hotel and a couple further down the beach they are not really up to the standard of the ones that can be found in other places.
This however made us use the hotel’s restaurants to a far bigger extent than we usually do and they are all really, really good (had lunches and a couple of dinners at Sea Fire Salt, fantastic sea food buffet at la Sala, and a wonderful meze dinner at the Tree House). The price tag is obviously higher at the hotel restaurants than any outside eatery, but with our experience from other hotel restaurants the quality, service level and value for money at Anantara is well worth the spend.
The breakfast at la Sala offers an amazing selection with everything one could ask for, and here again: the views over the lagoon is just breathtaking.

All the staff is amazing, professional and service minded and we really got the impression that they all loved their workplace and kept after us with a sense of pride.

Thank you memorable stay!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
AnantaraGM, General Manager at Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Daniel B,

a wonderful good morning from paradise :)

Thank you very much for the time you appropriated to share your experience with others, sincerely appreciated.
I agree that our resort shows signs of wear and tear yet am happy to confirm that we will apply the greatest of attention to each and every villa going forward, shall improve considerably, without jeopardizing the 'charming patina' as you had described it so fitting, thank you.
Our resort is to represent Thailand in its very best, our vasts, beautifully designed gardens, our setting with parks surrounding our property and the natural kept beach of Mai Khao inviting for long walks yet all highlighted by the service delivery and care that comes from the heart embedded in each team member.
As you may can imagine I am a very proud and privileged individual, entrusted to create experiences and moments that last for a life time.

Do be certain that your feedback will be shared with all team members, as such is the very best motivation we can receive.

Once again a big Thank You, hopefully we will have the opportunity in welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerley