Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mike V
Quezon City, Philippines

Owners are rude and A&@holes

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 28, 2023via mobile
Was not really a guest of this hotel was a guest at Taramindu resort... non hotel guests are not allowed to pass thru (as in dumaan) infront of their beach front... im a resort owner from boracay, afaik all beachfronts are owned by the government.... such snobs.... book somwhere else ...
Date of stay: December 2022
Room Tip: Pass ont his but book instead at the henry taramindu
Trip type: Traveled with family
    ₱2,787
      ₱2,787
    4.1 km from La Luz Beach Resort & Spa
    View more hotels in Hugom
    All reviews premier room meal times bring your own long drive water activities massage annex lunch shore meals sand beach manila resort filipino pesos pets
    Selected filters
    Reviewed July 16, 2023

I did not enjoy our stay in La Luz for the following reasons:

1. Our room is a nightmare! Our A/C was not that cold with 10pax in the room of premier loft despite of being set in a 17 degree celcius So imagine the people staying in the loft? The shower was also too hot so I decided to use the cold shower, because its either too hot or cold even we tried to put the control valve in the center. The other room has no drainage in the toilet area. The bamboo flooring is too old and needs to be replaced.
    There is a lot to fix! The shower, the door, the drainage, the flooring, the stairs and the pathway. Its not senior citizen friendly 😁😁. The pathway is slippery since it was raining during our stay.

2. The staff needs more training especially in the bar area. The service is poor except with the staff who arranged our boodle fight dinner😊😊.

3. The elevator was under maintenance during our check out so we have to use the slippery stairs going back to parking area and front desk.

On the other hand, I love the infinity pool. The pool is big and they also have jacuzzi. I also love the food.😊😊

Overall, I think our experience is not worth what we have paid for. I dont see myself going back to La Luz until the place is renovated and the staff are well trained😊😊

Date of stay: July 2023
    1  Thank annloraine p
    Reviewed July 9, 2023

On July 2, 2023, Sunday we have our summer company outing at the La Luz Beach Resort and Spa located in San Juan Batangas, Philippines. This is going to be our second time at this resort, if I remember right we have our company outing in 2016 and now 7 years after we are back, It brings a lot of wistful thinking and feelings of melancholy that most of the people I am with back in 2016 are no longer with the company. However, let us set aside this gloomy feeling as today is supposed to be for us to recharge, relax, destress, and unwind.

Looking back now, 7 years ago, there were so many changes that happened, and one of that major changes or probably an upgrade for La Luz is their infinity pool. The pool was very wide and had a very picturesque spot overlooking the sea. The rock formation near the resort is still there and it perfect spot for you to take pictures for every occasion, in my thought the spot is best for prenuptial photoshoots, commercials photoshoots, and the whole nine-yard. The infinity pool is the best spot as well for pictures which I and friend and officemate enjoyed.

The facility looks the same, I remember their room accommodation is cozy, their AC is working perfectly fine and the water in each of the rooms is strong which is a plus for me in every accommodation I have. Nonetheless, since our company outing for this year is only for Day Tour Package, I didn't get a chance to check out their room accommodation now, although it was good 7 years ago, I am hoping that it is the same case now since there were able to even upgrade there facility and add a swimming pool.

The downside, however of the resort is their shower area, I think they NEED to have a MAJOR change in their shower rooms, it was dark and grimy looking, and most of the door of each of the shower cubicle is dirty looking, although the water is strong it is disappointing. The urinal is not working, and some of the toilet bowls don't look good although it has bidet just the same you cannot do number 2 in those sad-looking washroom cubicle, I can't help but compare the shower rooms of Aquaria Resort when we have our company outing there, it looks and smells clean, the shower room is nice and perfect, the water toos is strong. The washroom near the front desk was also sad looking, even the single cubicle in the men's room have no light, it was dark and flooded with water but yet again the bidet and the water is strong but doesn't compensate for the grim experience you will get, so I hope the management will pay attention on this. The food is so-so, guess the food for every guest is different, it was good, but it was not great, but that's ok.

Overall our stay turned out still enjoyable, apart from some significant issues we notice, the experience is just the same, we still get to unwind and destress, and that's the most important thing but that doesn't mean the issue will be ignored, if fix, those may add up to a perfect beach resort experience moving forward.

Date of stay: June 2023
    • Trip type: Traveled on business
    Reviewed June 25, 2023

1. Rooms are so rundown.
    2. Bathroom is filty.
    3. Aircon filter was dusty as hell
    4. Food lousy.
    5. Customer service non existent.

We used to go to this place before, unfortunately the only good thing I can say about it is the beach front is nice. Everything else is not worth the price.

Date of stay: June 2023
    2  Thank Mai_gar420
    Reviewed June 15, 2023

The place was superb, my children enjoyed the white sand beach, their infinity pool was amazing where you can see the panoramic view of the place. the food was great and the staff was accommodating. Definitely a place where I can recommend to my fiends and relatives.

Date of stay: July 2022
    Reviewed April 10, 2023

We were very excited at first because we saw some renovations and upgrade in this resort, since this is not our first time here. But when we enter in the room we were reserved it was very old and dirty. The food is not great, served us cold meals (breakfast) and the staff in the dining area were not accomodating and they seems irritated when you ask for water etc. It is very frustrating and then the aircon brokedown twice, no intercom or emergency genset. We will never go back to this place again. Waste of money.

Date of stay: April 2023