Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
ZenHotels.com
$272
View deal
Vio.com
$128
View deal
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews game room low tide private beach resort and spa sea view villa marine life free shuttle dolphin watching islet cave pools massage island philippines paradise bohol kayak
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2022 via mobile

The ambiance and aesthetic of the resort is so nice but the service is so-so. Considering that it is a luxury resort, the staff need to be re-trained, especially the front office staff/receptionist, they are not as accommodating for a luxury and pricey resort as Mithi. They seem to be a little cold and off, we didn’t appreciate the blank look on their faces making us feel watched or judged. But the tour guide for the cave was so nice and informative, the pool staff and cart drivers were also nice. I hope they work on their staff’s hospitality and service; because a good resort such as Mithi is nothing without a good customer service.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
pinrstaff Staff, General Manager at Mithi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2022

Dear Dayanarabts,

Thank you for your good review. We appreciate your comments (both positive and negative), as these would help us assess the overall service to our guests. Our Front desk department have already been made aware of your feedback and we are so sorry for the mishap experience. Rest assured that our staff (even newly hired) trained to treat equally our guest without judgement at all. Your comments will certainly grant to the improvement of our good customer service and providing the utmost hospitality service in all aspect
Thank you and stay Safe!

Reviewed September 8, 2022 via mobile

I haven’t even arrived, and I am already disappointed. In a tourist destination that is sprouting up competing 5-star resorts in the area, you would think that that Mithi, being one of Bohol’s original resorts (which means they are OLD), that their customer service policies would be more improved.

I made a point to book a short 2-night stay in the resort for my upcoming vacation next month due to nostalgic reasons, because I have history with this hotel. I originally booked a renovated standard room via Agoda which has been paid and is non-refundable. I’ve decided to upgrade my room to a bigger space and upgraded amenities and saw that Agoda has a discounted rate. However, I couldn’t make changes due to my original booking being non-amendable and nonrefundable. I inquired via WhatsApp to upgrade my booking and was offered a ridiculous rate of P15,500 PHP per night on top of the P11,815 I’ve already paid for a standard room, while Agoda is advertising a rate for P12,614 a night.

As you can see on the screenshot conversation, mithi can’t even price match or offer a lower rate for customers requesting an upgrade, especially ones who are repeat guests. Now why should I stay loyal to a resort that can’t be appreciative of my loyalty?. I’m not asking for a free upgrade, im willing to pay but at least match their price or refund me my booking! Their customer service will not budge, are so set on following hotel policies that obviously the customer don’t even matter to them. Highly disappointed. I’ve contacted Agoda to hopefully receive a refund, and I will be extending my stay at Amorita.

Shame on you, Mithi!

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2022 via mobile

First I want to thank Mithi for making me use the voucher I bought last 2020 AT SMX. I approached their booth last Smx travel expo and asked if its still possible to use it because of the pandemic. They were very accommodating and said yes. I wasn't expecting that they will allow me to. But after 10 Calls and emails, they finally sent the new booking voucher.

Mithi is great: Beautiful Beach, Newly renovated Rooms, Rare (because of cave and islet), It was a dream come true as for me and my Dad. So what went wrong?

Guest Services and hospitality. We checked in around 7pm. The manager (Ms. Roja) welcomed us. It was fast, she wasn't smiling... I had to sign some waivers about some wildlife. ( Learned from the reviews why they did it). A lot discussions about nonsmoking room. It was brief but I didn't feel we were welcome. To her defense, She was there the next day at the reception. She was very hands on. (Though still not smiling).

Our room was spacious, the amenities are perfect, the food was delicious (but not so many options on breakfast).

I was saddened that they were understaffed and you pay for everything. You have to pay for the snorkeling gear, kayak. To use the Billiard, you have to buy drinks at the bar. My other family members came and paid 600/ head to get in. It's consumable for food. To use other amenities you have to pay 1,000. I asked if they can check the cave but it's only for hotel guests.

It was while having lunch with them when I saw all the negative reviews here at trip advisor. And I totally agree. Read the reviews down below.

The services at South Palms and Hennan are very different. I was hotel hopping and Mithi Sea View Villa was the grandest booking I had. At 19,000 per night, I was expecting warmth. This review is not to put down Mithi but to encourage them to hire more staff. Probably I felt I was a burden because the hotel was fully booked and yet I can only see 10 employees? Retrain staff to be more kinder, to smile... because Mithi is really Beautiful... but not with a heart.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 389dadad
pinrstaff Staff, General Manager at Mithi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2022

Dear 389dadad,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to assure you that it is our commitment, as part of the hospitality industry, to welcome all guests without excuses. We apologize that you did not feel the welcome at the reception, and we appreciate that your concern for our staff (understaffed). Yes, Mithi Resort and Spa still on limited duty staff because of the COVID-19 pandemic our company still not recovered on the situation. But, this is not an excuse not to give our guest a good service and we are so sorry for that.
And for the rental water activities and gears since it was no included in the package of the room that’s why there are additional charges. Yes, our cave is exclusively for the in house guest. Your comments will certainly contribute to the continuing development and improvement of our service.

Reviewed August 9, 2022 via mobile

On our first night we were awoken at 3am by a rat in our room. It was all over the table and chairs and climbed up the curtains. It almost jumped on the bed when we switched on the light!

We called the front desk and we were told that they would send housekeeping to check. We waited for around 20 minutes but no one came.

While waiting for the staff to arrive, I then noticed a big "tuko" (tokay gecko) crawling across the bathroom door!

I then demanded to be transferred to another room. No apologies whatsoever from the front desk regarding the inconvenience. We waited outside at the veranda at 4am in the rain. No one came until they arrived to collect our luggage to transfer to another cottage.

Poor customer service! We went to Bohol to see the marine life not the rats and the geckos.. LOL!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Aljess L,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with us during your stay and we are sorry about our staff lapses too. Mithi Resort and Spa is a nature resort, and we give our guests during check-in an advisory to expect an encounter that which makes us a nature resort an environment that is rich in flora and fauna. We appreciate the concerns that you have raised, and we hope to address to department concerns these issues in order to improve the services that did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed August 4, 2022

Along with 2 friends, I stayed at Mithi Resort and Spa last June 5th to June 7th in one of their Deluxe Villas. Generally we had a great time thanks to the comfortable rooms, good food options and very friendly and assistive staff. The only but important negative aspect is a potential safety hazard. Mithi's private beach has seaweeds covering most of the seabed. While doing stand-up paddling, one of my friends saw an anchor and another large metal object in the water. The objects are almost covered by seaweeds so they may be easy to miss but if someone accidentally steps on them or falls on (from paddling, kayaking or even just simple swimming), they may conceivably cause very serious injuries or even death. We raised this concern to Mithi by emailing several of their addesses (info@mithiresort.com and sales@mithiresort.com). After initially replying that they will forward our concern to the appropriate team, they never replied again to our inquiry of whether the dangerous objects have been removed for the safety of their guests. We also sent messages about this hazard to their Instagram page. We know that they have read our messages (as evidenced by the "Seen" indicator) but they did not reply. It's just surprising that they havent acknowledged the seriousness of the situation given that it would also damage the resort's reputation if someone gets hurt.

Date of stay: June 2022