Sherwood Bay Resort
US$324
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Dream Native Resort(Panglao Island)
US$113
Amarela Resort(Panglao Island)
US$135
US$100
US$121
US$93
US$34
Bohol Beach Club(Panglao Island)
US$172
US$144
US$30
Cherrys Home(Tawala)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$19
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstwo thumbsswimming poollisadivingtvjacuzziphilippinessearesortboholtour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2016

The hotel is nice with clean and spacious room but it is in the middle of nowhere. Some driver in Alona beach does not know where this hotel is. The bathroom is nice with Jacuzzi but they are a bit stingy with shampoo (It's like a ketchup packets with 1/4 the amount) If you have long hair, bring your own shampoo. I booked this because I saw in expedia that there is snorkeling on site and that is not the case. The food in the restaurant is nice but the wait is a bit too long. The breakfast could be improved and maybe give more than just 1 small piece of fruit. If you have an early morning tour, they'll pack you a sandwich for breakfast. It is far from Alona beach or any restaurant and the hotel charges 550 pesos one way. There isn't much to do in the hotel except to lounge by the pool. The tour packages they offer is 2 to 3 times more than what you'll pay if you book it in Alona beach. Wifi is very slow and only works around the restaurant area. There is no TV in our room unlike what it says in expedia. The owners are very helpful and accommodating.

Stayed: February 2016
2  Thank Willy Y
Reviewed October 23, 2015

Sheerwood Dive Resort might have been a grand idea at some point but now it is just sad. Old, forlorn, forgotten and poorly maintained. We chose the hotel in the hope that we could jump in the water and snorkle/dive nearby like the brochure says. That is not the case. The staff were very friendly but unfortunately it doesn't way up for the 'has been' atmosphere.

Compared to local prices, it wasn't even cheap.

The rooms are in bad shape. They are worn down, the paint is flaking and there is rust everywhere. >The pipes scream when you turn on the water. We had a tiny, old, box TV that only showed one channel (Some Phillipino Christian-TV). The pool was dirty and the restaurant was embarassing. In the room we found a menu, not for room service, but detailing what it cost to damage anything! That gives you a bad vibe right away. In addition, the hotel was far away from anywhere of interest. In the middle of the woods, so to speak.

I will not recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank QAEva
Reviewed October 1, 2015

My wife and I stayed here four nights 21st-25th September 2015. We were met at Tagbilaran Airport by their driver Arnold. From there it is around 20 minutes to the actual resort. Upon arrival we were met by the owner Lisa who showed us to our room. We were lucky and were upgraded to a corner suite which had a balcony with absolutely fabulous views over the sea. The suite itself is very large with a bathroom and spa bath separate, this bathroom is huge. We ate in the restaurant every night as well as breakfast which is included in the tariff. The breakfast menu is limited but the dinner menu is quite extensive, although their wine list is very limited. I actually went into Tagbilaran after our snorkelling trip and bought some wine. The meals themselves are quite large and very reasonably priced, your order is actually taken by the chef Martial.
After check in we arranged our tours, the first was a snorkelling trip and boat ride to Balicasag Island. The second trip was a tour that is conducted by the resort itself.
This tour, again our guide and driver was Arnold, included the Chocolate Hills, the Tarsier Sanctuary, lunch on Loboc River Cruise (separate reviews), Also the fabulous church which was partially destroyed in the earthquake a couple of years ago. On the third day we just relaxed and swam in the pool. The resort itself is in a place where there is no nightlife but they will take you to Alona Beach which, I believe, really hums at night.
Overall I rate the Sherwood Bay Resort 5 out of 5 because it was ideal for us, quiet and relaxing with a very charming hostess. I would certainly recommend for anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for a corner suite to enjoy the view
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed September 15, 2015

The whole experience was very good value for money and we enjoyed ourselves very much. It is a dive resort as well. The pool has a spot which is deep for dive training. I have no personal experience but I believe there are some good dive sites nearby. The Chocolate Hills of Bohol and the Tarsiers are 'a must see'. There is also a romantic river trip on a floating restaurant. These things require the hire of a vehicle and driver at a very reasonable rate. It is only possible to get internet connection in the reception area but they did let me have use of a computer for free. An indoor pool is not needed in this area because it is always so warm.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms were nice but, we did not see them all.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank jules482015
Reviewed March 26, 2015 via mobile

No regret I choose this place. Clean and fresh and so many good words to describe about this resort. Far from the city and make me focus on my vocation even only 3 days. I can see beautiful sunset from here. The foods was amazing. Lisa is a lovely person and She manage everything so well, so sad I didn't get a chance to take diving license Cz I didn't hv enough time :(. If you're busy person from busy traffic city, this resort is the best choice. Lisa, Thank you for the amazing resort, I had the best time in Bohol :)

Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends