I always committed to myself to be honest when I write reviews and so this is my true and honest representation of a VERY disappointing experience of this so called hotel. Seriously my family and I were like Robin Hood, we just wanted to get our of Sherwood.
It's not cheap at all so there is no excuse in my reckoning.
Only highlight is the view, but you can get that from the 360 degree coast of Bohol and Panglau so that novelty soon wears off. The staff were nice enough, but despite them having been in business for 6 years it came across that each day was their first in hospitality.
I'll list now the lowlights;
- It is in the middle of NOWHERE - believe me NOWHERE;
- there is nothing within less than 20 minutes drive;
- there is no public transport therefore to get anywhere and you have to rely on their 'premium cost' transport service;
- you are a captive audience for their packages (diving, whale watching etc) and therefore pay a premium compared to what you can pay 20 minutes away, but of course its hard to get to because you are in the middle of nowhere;
- entertainment is one swimming pool, by the way the jacuzzi is broken;
- we were greeted with;
* do you mind ordering your food 30 minutes before you want it because we are really slow;
* the bar & restaurant shuts at 2130 (sorry I thought this was a resort), but if you give us advanced notice we might be able to extend;
* let us know if you'll be late back and we'll open the gate (yep no security past a certain time);
- we were getting text messages asking if we'd be coming for breakfast and dinner (sorry I thought I was on holiday not at boarding school);
- massive menu with half the options not being available;
- it takes over 45 minutes to get fed;
- tiny portions;
- local food OK, Western rubbish;
- it takes about 20 minutes to be served one cold beer;
- Wifi is only available in the bar area. Now that shuts at 2130, so back to the room. Oh no, no Wifi, lets watch the TV - yep apart from 1 or 2 channels it is all local Philippines TV - so absolutely NO ENTERTAINMENT from this place at all.
It is NOT WORTH the money for staying here and everyone staying here was complaining of all of the above. We ended up paying double to stay at another hotel for half our stay we were that disappointed in Sherwood Bay. NEVER AGAIN. One other guest described it as shameful, I am with him.
If you want to sit and stare at the sea, have no entertainment, and be in bed at 2130 every day - fill your boots. With 5 kids I need entertainment and I feel I have been VERY misled and over charged for such a poor experience from Sherwood Bay.
This should be renamed Fawlty Towers, Panglau Branch. Only thing missing is the Major at the bar, but then there is no bar and if there was it would shut at 2130 and he would be sent to his room.
Seriously think twice and again before you consider booking this place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical getaway in Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines, Sherwood Bay Resort is an aqua sport enthusiast's haven, with its facilities for snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skiing, speed boating and more. This Panglao resort also boasts well-appointed guestrooms with private toilet and bath, plus first-class facilities, such as an infinity pool and cliff edge restaurant, and services like butler and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sherwood Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sherwood Bay Hotel Dauis