eDreams
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Agoda.com
All reviews karon beach sunset restaurant tuk tuk nice sea view andaman sea free shuttle infinity pool low season phuket motorbike nightlife
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend stayed at Secret Cliff Hotel for 10 days in May and June and we had an amazing experience!

The positives - The staff were extremely friendly and even helped us with a scale to weigh our suitcases after many successful shopping trips in patong! :) The views were breathtaking (from our room and even more so at the restaurant and the pool). We used the shuttle service to Patong and Karon almost everyday and it was extreamly helpful and saved us a lot of money. The room had everything we needed, including aircon that saved our lives! We enjoyed swimming in the beautiful pool after a long day of swimming at the beach. Very good location - definitely better than staying in busy Patong!

The negatives - Stairs! Stairs and more stairs (we lost weight during our stay) but we read a lot of reviews and were prepared for the stairs! (Golf carts were available but we enjoyed the scenery so much that we opted to rather walk). Location - although we enjoyed being away from busy patong, it cost us quite a lot (300B one way) everytime we wanted to go to patong (or any other beach) for this reason we ate at the hotel a lot (also quite expensive). If you feel comfortable renting a scooter - we would strongly recommend it!!!

We loved this hotel and would glady recommend it to anyone!

Alicia and Sarita (From South Africa)

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arrived here frm Krabi early evening on 12th may & on th same night our room in Secret Cliff Villa hd to b changed as th AC & geyser wasnt workin even aftr the hotel electrician tried to fix it. We were then “so called” upgraded to another room but the amenities in both the rooms & also the room size were no different. Now to our bad luck the AC in the new room was also not cooling sufficiently. The electrician again came n tried to fix it but of no use.
May in Phuket is quite hot n humid & in this we hd to sleep that night without a proper AC. Not to forget we had an infant with us who also cldnt hv a peaceful sleep.

Next day when we tried to report this to the front officer manager, she took us to the room, stood just below th AC & said that it is working properly n on being asked upon how they are going to compensate the previous night's bad experience, said that they hv already upgraded us to a better room. I was little shocked by her rude n uncurtious behaviour.

The 2nd night also became quite unbearable as th AC was still functioning the same way.
Frustrated i called the reception n they send mr. Nadeem n ms. Anna to check the matter. Mr nadeem hd also accompanied the front office manager when she hd come to check th AC in th morning.
To my utter surprise, they first suggested to change the room once again to which i got very angry. They even acknowledged infront of the electrician that th AC is faulty in the room. Then they offered us a brand new table fan to use alongside th AC in the room n appologised for all the inconvenience that we had to bear.

This is a very scenic property but i was very annoyed by the attitude of the front office manager n the way she handled my issue. On top she wasnt even cooperative to let us check out 2-3 hours after the scheduled chk out time as i hd demanded this to compensate fr the inconveniences we had.
The rest of the staffs were quite good n helful especially someone like mr. Nadeem, anna, tak tak n th rest.

When i hd booked this hotel i did see a lot of reviews talking about poor service standards of this place & inspite my wife's suggesstion to cancel this i still went ahead. But while staying there i realised that all these are so true.
I strongly recomend the management to relook at their hotel's service standards n do something to improve it else dissatisfied customers who will never want to return to you.

Room tip: Villas on the upper deck hv very nice view of the sea
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SujoyGhosh
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for five nights as we wanted to stay just away from patong but be nearby.
We arrived after the check in time of midday and we still had to wait for our room. It took about half an hour (not what we wanted after travelling from pai in the morning).
Our bags were strapped into their golf cart and we were taken over the road to their other rooms. We booked the room through booking.com and this did not mention that the rooms were not part of the main hotel. We also noticed the drop in quality with our room to the reception. I looked over our booking and not once does it mention that you will be over the other side of a busy road.
This is clearly a misrepresentation by the hotel as I feel they would have a lot less bookings if this were to be made clear.
The room we had was tired and in need of a makeover. The shower wasn't screened so using the bathroom was a risk after either of us showered.
The stairs to get to our room were very steep and there wasn't a rail to hold on to. When it rained this was quite dangerous as both of us found out. I slipped quite badly and cut my wrist open. Upon reporting this to the front desk they laughed at me. They did provide bandages but no record of this was taken.
Being in the middle of karon and patong meant that there was basically a mafia style hike of prices for food, drink and taxis.
We did pay for breakfast at the hotel and it was so so. We did eat dinner once as we spent the whole day at the hotel and by the time you've paid for a taxi there and back you would end up in a McDonald's to justify the unnecessary excursion.
The dinner again was pretty poor for the price.
The service was again pretty poor, half the time the staff couldn't care less if you are enjoying your stay. They stand around and do very little (from what we saw). The cleaners always seemed to forget to replace things like shampoo or towels. However it seemed the day we checked out that we found a lady on the front desk who was the biggest Brown nose ever. Asking us questions she didn't want to know the answer to. Only then did she seem to show some form of sincerity when she noticed my cut.
All in all I felt it was a little too late.
My advice find a hotel closer to patong where you can probably get there with a ten min walk. Avoid this hotel as they couldn't give a rats if you enjoyed your stay or not. Total con all in all.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rossf2012
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked on Bookings.com: bungalow with sea views.
To 1AM we got a 'room' on the other side of the resort , Mold everywhere , dirt , dirty, and facing a corrugated iron roof . Back to reception . A lot of ringing between clerk and manager , after 1000x sorry and we have no other room and blablbla we got the guarantee that this night was free , free breakfast and a spa as compensation, finally said yes because it was 2AM . The next thing to 14h we got our new room .
when checking out the next morning at 7AM we were told that they knew nothing of the compensation . I called the same manager who said that this was not true , when I said I was not going to pay the room told the receptionist with a smile : it's allready charged at you're credit card ma'am.
I have never been treated so and have never experienced ! When I said I was on every website that I knew was going to write a bad revieuw she said with the same smile " you do that " We are sorry that we had to leave really early had I waited for the manager and I had called the police ... Do Not stay here!!!

1  Thank kathleen v
Reviewed 12 May 2014

To start with the positives, the views are very very nice. In all honesty, you run the risk of this hotel costing you if ever you get in a slight disagreement, they have a Mafia style way of running the front desk, they see it as a challenge to get one over on you, either in a honest way or not. When we were checking out at the same time as 4 other, 3 of them had disagreements. Orn is particularly rude, she is very abrupt and takes great satisfaction in winning any sort of disagreement. Read the other reviews, they often say the same thing. The resort is very very tired, many tiles missing from pool, cut my sons foot, mold in the bedroom, fridges absolutely stink, due to being very noisy at night, customers turn the off which causes this I think, food very expensive for what you get, the add 17% on to everything and you don't really have a choice with it being on top of the hill. I could go on, Orn, you should be ashamed.

1  Thank Petertara40r