“Simply Delicious!”

Phuket Thai Cooking Class by VJ (Kata, Karon & Patong)
Ranked #2 of 5 Food & Drink in Karon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Whether Thai food is your favorite or cooking is your hobby, there is no better way to learn Thai cooking when you are in Thailand. Phuket Thai Cooking Class by VJ is an ideal home-style learning environment which is different from other cooking classes and hotels which offer the courses. Come and join us to make your next vacation a culinary adventure and learn essential skills and techniques you can use everyday!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am so glad I did this cooking class with VJ. It started with a local food market tour to see the fresh produce and most interesting was how they make the coconut milk & cream. Then it was to the class location. Everything was extremely well organized and prepared. VJ gave clear and concise instructions which were easy to follow and the food was amazing - exactly the type of class I was looking for. The only bad thing is that after doing the class, I kept on comparing and measuring up the food in other places against what we cooked at VJs and nothing came close to as good as hers. The balance and intensity of the flavours were perfect - an absolute taste sensation. In addition the pick-up and drop-off service was extremely convenient and added to the service. Thanks again VJ!

All reviews
"step by step"
in 15 reviews
"learning how"
in 15 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 16 reviews
"learned how"
"fresh ingredients"
"amazing dishes"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I like to take a cooking class highlighting the local cuisine and VJ’s class has been a highlight.
From pickup, market, and then the actual cooking, all were excellent.
Small class of 6 people, we each made 3 dishes from scratch and all were delicious.
VJ was a great teacher, explaining as we went and checking we understood.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We joined the cooking class as family activity to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary.
VJ provided very prompt response to our enquiries. She also make arrangement to our request to add more variety of dishes as we are having the class to our group only.
The dishes are simple to make and very delicious. Loved the red and green curry which we hand made from scratch ourselves.
VJ also kindly arranged a cake for our celebration.
We thoroughly enjoyed the class.
Highly recommended !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From pick up (at hotel) to drop off, the whole experience was exactly what I was hoping it would be!! I was picked up from my hotel right when they said they would, and then brought to a local market close to their kitchen. VJ walked us through the market, told us about certain ingredients, what to look out for and to avoid, and picked out the necessities for our class. The actual cooking class was excellent to say the least! I have a severe shellfish allergy, and VJ was able to completely accommodate, replacing any shellfish or ingredients that contain shellfish with chicken (as per my request). Any questions, concerns, directions, etc was done with a very friendly, positive attitude (and communication was not an issue at all). I highly recommend VJ for anyone looking to dabble a little into traditional Thai cooking, you won't be disappointed!! Plus, she sends you home with a little cookbook that has everything you made that day, and is more than willing to email you any others that you may want! Thank you VJ for the wonderful time!!

2  Thank alanschaub
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a fun and educational class with VJ, both at the market and back at the school. Top notch introduction to ingredients, and fundamentals of the cuisine. Everything was prepared enabling you to prepare several dishes in a short time frame and getting the most of the experience. She's an organized and naturally engaging teacher. Highest recommendation.

1  Thank MNmaven