“Great fun and welcoming service!”

Surf House Phuket - Kata Beach
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in Kata Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Aloha! Surf House Kata Beach is a family oriented, beach front surf club which has its own bistro and bar, as well as retail outlet. The centrepiece of the venue is the 'Double FlowRider' which allows one to seemingly 'surf', all day... everyday! Signature cocktails and cuisines prepared by international and award winning team of chef are equally appealing as you sit back and enjoy the rustic and beautiful Kata Beach.So pack up for an adventure and see you at Surf House Kata Beach!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our first time at the surf house and it was great fun, but alot harder than it looks!
After a few try's you do get the hang of it! Plus the guys who assist are great and really do help!

The only downfall was online it said 500THB and then when we arrived it was 1000THB , our group were not prepared to pay that and it was unclear on the website. If however you booked online you could get the tickets for 500THB however had to pay by card.
Luckily i had a bank card on me so was able to do this. If not we would have all had to of paid the 1000THB price.

Overall its great fun just wear something appropriate and that is unlikely to leave you in exposed as the water is very strong!!

1  Thank Nicolasellers
joe a, General Manager at Surf House Phuket - Kata Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there!

Great review and thank you. We were running an online promotion so all our guests are invited to make use of the promotional price where possible.

Hope you have a great holiday here!

Surf House Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,468)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"session"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I went there as he wanted to try surfing. We had walked past a few times and it looked fun with small groups having turns through the course of an hour. This was not cheap either.

It started with the instructor failing to provide adequate safety briefings and ensuring all participants understand. The first time he had a go and fell, he got bad whiplash. He was also in a group of 10 people for just one lane, so only had 4 turns in an hour. The instructor gave vastly uneven times on the water for different people, depending on skill, and what you looked like in a bathing suit. Some people got 5 minutes, some 3 seconds.

Half way through I went to talk to the staff. They were rude to me telling me there was nothing they could do so I asked for the manager. He told me because the session was over half way through he couldn't refund our money. I asked him to show me this in writing to which I was told there was nothing. He then pulled the instructor off the course to ask him about his safety briefing. He said he did this, but not everyone may understand him. I said this is not good enough as people can get badly injured. He LAUGHED IN MY FACE! I asked the manager to remove him from the conversation as he was rude and condescending. He then stepped centimetres away from and LOOKED ME UP AND DOWN IN MY BIKINI!!! I could not believe such treatment.

Then we were still waiting on the manager to do something and the bar staff started abusing me. I took a photo as evidence and she literally launched at me. She called the Thai police but we left. They followed us back to our hotel and we were running to get away from them. We are from a high socio-economic background and were staying in a deluxe 6 star resort luckily. They turned up with the police and tried to have us dragged off to the police station, but the hotel manager was able to negotiate for this not to be the case.

I was informed they are part of underhanded gangs and were worried about the photo which was deleted.

This entirely ruined my experience of Thailand and will never return. I was advised not to leave the hotel that evening as they are likely to be watching.

DO NOT GIVE THIS PLACE BUSINESS! They are not good people and it's not safe on a number of counts

Thank you for visiting Surf House Boardriders at Kata Beach.

We will review this situation internally and strive to resolve it more amicably if it were to happen to other customers.

Do note that it is our protocol to inform the police if there are evidence of abuses against members of our staff i.e. throwing of articles or if it comes down to verbal abuses and refusal to pay etc as the police would be the right people to mediate and confront the situations.

With regard to your statement 'I was informed they are part of underhanded gangs and were worried about the photo which was deleted', Surf House Boardriders do not agree to such classification and if you feels compelled to investigate the nature of our business, we would be happy to cooperate with any such investigation needed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is awesome for cheap cocktails and feeds. They aren’t stingy with the alcohol in the cocktails either! The strawberry daiquiri was amazing and so was the fries and calamari. Must go to place for a midday sesh!

Aloha

Thank you so much for your visit and review of Surf House Boardriders at Kata Beach!

Hope you have a great holiday in Thailand, and don't forget to recommend us to more people.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I never actually went on this attraction, it is more for the younger person, but just as great to watch. You have the complete novice learning and taking the falls and swift exit up to the back of the surf machine. Then you have the more experienced surf rider with twists and turns along with spins and tricks.
My wife and I just used to sit and watch with a drink. After a few goes you could see the determination and vast improvement of the novice surfers. It seems a bit expensive unless you are a member, but if you are on holiday and don't mind a few bumps I would think it is great fun.

Aloha, thank you for your review.

Do hope you make it here some day, it will be our privilege to serve you.