“Fantastic Mothering Sunday Lunch”

Railway Carriage Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Unique Cafe / Restaurant located on an organic farm in beautiful rural Somerset. We are just a 30 second drive off the the A303 perfect for a half way stop on your journey between London & Cornwall. All our produce is the highest standards of quality, welfare and sustainability. We proudly support other local producers including and excellent range of local Beers, Ciders & Soft Drinks. All served either in our repurposed late 19th century Great Eastern Railway Coach 1085, or with breathtaking views from the top deck of our newest addition an 1980 Daimler Double Decker Bus. The Garden is also a great place for the kids to let off some steam.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just keep going back to this place. It's 45 minutes from home, but well worth the trip. Luckily we had booked a table and got given a table in the recently re-furbished double decker bus. You will never have eaten in a place like this! Just go for the sense of fun!
The food was great, I had roast sirloin and the wife had vegan(don't ask!).
Really enjoyable meal, well cooked and different from the norm.

Best to book. It gets very busy at the weekend, Once we were joined by a bunch of middle aged bikers who had just driven 100 miles, in the rain, to come for lunch and then were going to ride back!

They are planning a tree house so people can eat their lunch up a tree. Definitely taking the grandchildren for that!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a table 3 weeks before visit, requesting a table in railway carriage. When we arrived, we were told we were sitting in the bus, which was freezing and not where we wanted to sit. Staff were unhelpful when asked if we could sit where we originally booked. Food was average. A real shame as I have previously been here on a number of occasions and it’s normally very good. Won’t be going back in a hurry.

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Went here 17/03/2018 after some very positive feedback from friends, definitely wasn't disappointed!

Both me and my partner had the curry and a side of chips each, which came out really well presented (and a generous portion size!).

In summary - quick and friendly service, and fantastic food. Will definitely be going back soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2018

My third visit and it still amazes me.
We sat at the bottom of the bus this time, having been upstairs and in the railway carriage previously.
The food, as always was outstanding. So tasty and fresh.
My 8 year old loves coming here and trying new food.
The cakes are always amazing but we can never manage to eat them there. Instead, we take them home for our tea.

Definitely recommend this place to people I speak to about food and I’ll try to make sure I can come back before the Easter holidays.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Loved the railways carriage and also the double decker bus. Amazing place to eat. The coffee was delicious and lots of vegan food to choose. Loved my lunch and also the wonderful chocolate cake. I would recommend this place highly. Very friendly staff too. I have already been back. Enjoy!