“Just another level”

Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Exceptional wine, food, service and passion set amongst a spectacular environment that delivers excellence for all.
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Yarra Valley has so many great wineries but our stay would not have been complete without the Oakridge wine tasting. Among the stunning rolling hills, we got to try some of their single block 864 wines - that is just another level from most other wines that we tasted in the previous days.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Ok maybe we are just getting old & have different expectations but we found Oakridge to be quite disappointing. Yes the view was lovely & I could look at it all day, however the restaurant was very noisy (bad or not enough sound proofing). As soon as I started drinking the rose’ my eyes started itching & nose running so I had to give my wine to my husband. The food looked lovely but we found the flavours were very experimental to the point that we actually weren’t confident what we were tasting. We believe if you have quality produce (which they do) why stuff it up to the point where people don’t know what they’re eating? Good produce/ good taste will shine on the plate without being bombarded with other flavours.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

A beautiful setting but the food was disappointing. We took advantage of the $40 per head wine and food festival express lunch special. We usually do this every year, and have tried other Yarra Valley restaurants under this scheme. We expected a limited menu, but Oakridge Wines was the only place that offered no choice at all. One entree and one main course. The entree was good, but the main meal was not. It was confit duck, which should have been flavoursome, but was very dry, stringy and so salty that the taste was obscured. It should have fallen off the bones, but, after a struggle to cut it at all, I gave up and left it half finished.
This is a high class restaurant, excellent service, good wines and a fabulous setting with views right over the vineyards to Mt St Leonard. I would give it a second chance, but they need some quality control on the food.

1  Thank yvwords
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Spectacular restaurant. Excellent service. Food was amazing. The Kangaroo was the best I have ever had. The wines were so complementary to the food. All lovely. Absolutely recommend this restaurant you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We were here for Lucy and Anthony’s wedding. Despite catering for over 100 people the food and service was exceptional. The bride and groom had handpick a sophisticated cocktail menu that included a steak tartare crisps with capers that was just delicious, and who knew that kangaroo could taste that good! The food kept coming all afternoon and evening, and combined Asian fusion with elements of pure genius. Fabulous way to celebrate a fabulous occasion!