“Get-together with old friends”
Review of Kanin Club

Kanin Club
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Filipino
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Our friends living in the area brought us for dinner here at their Paseo branch in Laguna.
There was quite a wait since it was Sunday evening and the place was packed. It was the best Filipino food we have had amongst all the restaurants we have tried. Below was the best dishes we had in this place. We also had gising-gising in coconut cream and their version of fried tilapia. We highly recommend this to everyone who would like to have an authentic Filipino food.

✔️Chicken Curry was tender, juicy and had the right taste of curry to it.
✔️Crispy Pata was ohhhh... and hmmm... was all my husband can say about this dish. Crispy skin and yet tender and juicy inside. And according to him, it was the best crispy pata he had tasted in Philippines.
✔️Sinigang na Baka - let's not forget this dish. This was by far the best beef sinigang I have ever tasted. Just the right balance of sourness to it, fork tender beef cubes and just the right amount of vegetables.
✔️Don't forget their fried rice.... we had Tinapa fried rice(smoked fish fried rice) & Daing Fried Rice (fried rice w/ morsel of dried salted fish).

1  Thank alecxbartender

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is very much in demand here in Sta. Rosa. Give yourself an hour for wait to get a new able as the demand for this restaurant is higher than they can handle. It's best restaurant for native Filipino during she with a twist. Try their crispy dinguan, crispy pata, aligue rice, seafood Karen-Kate etc. the best is their Turon a la mode. The best in town I assure you.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Visited the place several times and it always feels coming back. We ordered; Pad Thai, Crispy Dinuguan and Calderetang Nueva. They were all good! Swear! You must try it.

1  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Great Filipino dishes that would make you crave for more. The place has a very homey ambiance. Their crispy Dinuguan is Phenomenal! :)

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

Whenever we head south, one restaurant that we frequently visit is the Kanin Club in Paseo de Sta. Rosa. What's funny is that whenever we're there, we always order the same dishes. My friends and I are actually adventurous eaters but when we're in Kanin Club, it's just hard to let go of our favorites. These include their signature dish crispy dinuguan, patola in olive oil, binukadkad na tilapia, ensaladang mangga with salted egg, and sinigang ng hipon. Something that I really appreciate in Kanin Club is the consistency in the quality of these dishes every time we dine there.

One dish that you should never miss is the crispy dinuguan. If you've tried other crispy dinuguan, make sure you try Kanin Club's version which for me is the best. The binukadkad na tilapia is always cooked perfectly crispy. I swear you can eat even the bones. It's served with soy sauce but I prefer it paired with the very appetizing ensaladang mangga made even better with salted egg. I am not really a big fan of patola but their patola in olive oil is something I crave. It's so good I can finish one whole serving. Their sinigang na hipon is so good, talagang mapapakanin ka sa sarap! Kanin Club serves different kinds of rice like the famous tinapa rice and daing fried rice, or those mixed with chorizo, bagoong, or aligue, but I personally think that plain rice complements my favorite dishes the best. They even have brown rice for the healthy eaters.

For dessert, be sure to have some sticky rice which has slices of ripe mangoes, sweet macapuno, and sprinkled choc-nut. I recently tried the saba con yelo but was disappointed because the crushed ice wasn't fine and it lacked sweetness. Made me realize to just stick to my favorites to avoid disappointment.