Mangala Resort & Spa - All Villa
US$20
US$26
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Home 2 Hotel(Kemaman District)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshorse ridinginfinity poollake viewpalm oil plantationbirds chirpingperfect retreatsurrounded by naturebusy lifewelcome giftquality family timebird watchinghuge bathroomcoffee machinebuggy ridebuggy servicegenerous amenitiesopen concept
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our experience here was beyond amazing. A perfect getaway from the city for the weekend..... luxurious villas wrapped in serene natural beauty . We could literally watch the sunrise over the lake from our bed. The property is very well maintained and they have free activities like archery ,kayaking and bike riding . The cherry on the cake is the Resort staff ...every single one of them front office, the trainees ,restaurant staff to the ones at the activities were so helpful pleasant and welcoming from the time we checked in till we left which made our experience here just splendid. Trainees Mohit and Jas Kiran you did an amazing job and we were truly impressed ,.. this is definitely a place to learn about hospitality! Mangala resorts gets a five star from me and my family for the wonderful time we had

Room Tip: Jal villas for the sunrise over the lake
Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
ChiefJimmyY, General Manager at Mangala Resort & Spa - All Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Serenity K

Thank you for spending your weekend at our award winning Resort recently and happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I also wish to thank you for taking time to share your experiences with TripAdvisor.

I will convey your compliments to my staff particularly Mohit and Jas. You made all of my staff very proud for you mentioned that “they are cherry on the cake “. We will continue delighting our guests in anyway we could and making sure their stay is a memorable one.

Hope to see you soon and on your next visit do try our Amani Villa where each will have its own private pool. I am sure you are going to like it.

Warm regards

Jimmy yeo
Chief of Resort

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked two rooms (Vana Villa with pool and another without pool) through email. I got 15% off since i am returning customer. We stayed only for one night but enjoyed the quick stay. We cycled, kayak and walked through the entire place. Iskandar, the guide was very friendly and warm. Will come back again (i hope)!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear Huril379

Thank you for staying with us again. Glad you had another enjoyable stay.

I will let Iskandar know of your compliments on his warm nature and services extended during the Morning Nature Walk which is a popular activity for many guests who wish to catch the morning fresh air, singing of the birds and Iskandar’s brief on the flora and fauna found along the way.

Great to have you again and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards

Chief of Resort

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked the resort while going to kuantan... many thanks to ms Atikah... feel warm with her reply on my request... staff very friendly with big big smile face... my two little girls was happy and enjoyed.. at very first I only booked one night after plan to k.terengganu but at the end we continue our second night stay at Mangala... first night we stay at Sara villa and second night at Jala villa.. they loved water villa muchzzz... me too.. hope next time can try other villa and the garden villa still in construction.....

Dear Jeanny S

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Glad you and your family enjoyed your recent holiday with us.

Happy to know that your two little girls enjoyed so much staying at the Resort until you have to extend another night. As parents what’s more important is knowing that our children had a good time and having fun. On your next visit, do try the Vana Villa ( Forest Villa) especially the ones with its own private pools.

I will let Atikah know that you were happy with her services extended to you.

See you soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Enjoyable stay in an environment that promotes relaxation and serenity. The property is an amazing story about the rehabilitation of a ex-tin mining wasteland into a diverse ecological wetland.

Overall the resort lacks the polish and seamlessness of a true 5-star property, however it makes up for it with charm and diligence shown by all the staff. You can tell all the staff at Mangala genuinely try hard and care about your well-being. They should be commended.

We had an overwater villa and it was amazing being awoken by the cacophony of different bird calls each morning - this is something you can't really get at your standard beach resorts.

The free rental bikes should be upgraded and are a safety hazard - brakes don't work and gears cables are not connected so be careful when choosing the bikes.

Kayaking at sundown was a pleasant experience although it is in a limited lake area.

The treatments at the Spa are reasonably priced and well executed.

The food was acceptable but could be improved. There is only one restaurant for the whole resort and the menu unfortunately does not change. If the food standards could be elevated to international standards then the overall experience would be more commensurate with other luxury properties worldwide.

The resort (like all great resorts) makes you feel like you're the only people staying there outside of meal times, which adds to the overall sense of peace and relaxation.

Room Tip: Nature lovers should opt for the overwater rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear JeCCo87

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent vacation to Malaysia. I really appreciate your comments and observations and it is through your valuable input that will drive us to excel further in our services.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable time at the Resort. The Resort what it is today with its diverse ecological surroundings was the result of 20 years of conservation and rehabilitation to the land which we are happy that we are able to share with our guests.

Fully agree with you that we must ensure that the bicycle brakes are in good working condition. This must be checked before guests using it for safety precaution. I will ensure this is done. As for the multiple bicycle gears, since our grounds are rather flat we would go for bicycle without gears in our next purchase as some guests find it too troublesome to operate. So we will just keep it simple.

The Lakeside Restaurant menu is currently being reviewed and we will add in more items which are popular with our local and foreign guests. As this is our only Restaurant in the Resort we will ensure that the menu and quality stays par excellence.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our award winning resort and you must try our new Amani Pool Villas on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I absolutely loved our stay at this lovely place. We spent 2 nights at the Vana Villa Family Suite which comes with 2 separate rooms plus a family-dining unit! Luxurious rooms, equipped with a private pool and an outdoor shower & bath - you wont find anything better at this price point! I would describe the place as tranquil and peaceful. A terrific getaway for those looking for a relaxing stay. For nature lovers, the resort offers a guided morning walk, cycling, kayaking, bird watching. But for me, the best part of my stay is the people - the resort is manned by very genuinely friendly, helpful and happy people - which made my experience an unforgettable one. For all of that i rate Mangala Resort a full 5 stars. They could even surpass this if they are able to expand their activities to cater for things like trekking or offering day tours to nearby places such as Sg Lembing. My family and I are definitely returning to this place!

Dear RandallNG,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay at our award winning resort. I am very happy to learn that you and your family had a great time and enjoyed some of the activities available at the Resort.

The recently introduced Guided Morning Nature Walk which is about 2 hour duration is popular with the old and young alike. Your suggestion to have Excursions to nearby tourist attractions is being reviewed and I believe those from another State or tourists would be happy to have this arrangement. I hope to introduce this soon.

Thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to our Mangala Resort and Spa soon.