“Best curries in Myanmar, friendly english-speaking owner ”
Review of Myo's Cafe & Bar

Myo's Cafe & Bar
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Ngwe Saung
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Description: Our Cafe is located at the entrance of Ngwe Saung Town. We serve seafood, Thai food, Snacks, Salad, Burger, Sandwich and Burmese dishes. Cooking classes
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Beyond any doubt, Myo‘s made our stay in Ngwesaung so much more delicious. The outgoing owner and virtuous cook prepares perfect Burmese and Thai curries and uses definitely only the freshest ingredients. A really nice place to hang out as well, we were looking forward to our daily visits, all of which were culinary highlights on our journey in Myanmar. Must go!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I initially intended to stay in Ngwe Saung only for a few days. In the end, I stuck around for a whole week, in large part due to Myo's. After forking over too much chyat at inflated seafood prices on the main strip, I headed away up the hill past the pagoda to see what was up at Myo's. The prices looked proper, with nothing over 4,000 - half the price of any main I'd been paying for by the beach.
Myo came out, a young and cheerful chap with excellent English. I learned that he had lived and worked in Thailand for the last 10 years. I was hankering for a Thai curry, so Myo threw a Massaman chicken/potato/veggie together for me. Oh my god. That bowl of creamy, spicy goodness enveloped me like a warm blanket.
For the rest of my stay, I ate at Myo's twice a day, trying all of his curries - coconut, Penang, green, tomato - each one better than the last, and better than any SE Asian curry I had eaten in a long, long time. I had to switch it up to test his hand at western fare with a fish 'n chip. Perfectly battered, fresh from the market, with homemade fries. And the man has tabasco sauce (His burgers hit the spot too, I am told - a rare score in Myanmar).
After sundown, the generator gets churning and you can catch the news or a movie on the tv. Myo has some incredible stories and is always up for conversation over a few rum and cokes.
Do yourself a favor and swing by. But be warned - you might just end up staying longer than you planned.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

cheap and good food. In my opinion one of the best currys I had. (chicken coconut & massaman). friendly and open minded. owner speaks fluent english. try it

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Myo speaks perfect English anf he is so nice. Food was good and not expensive. Even that we came for lunch on a hot day there was great breeze.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Myo and his family made us feel welcome during our entire stay in Ngwe Saung. They were incredibly helpful in suggesting things to see and do, and catered to our every need beyond expectation. The food itself was equally delicious - offering an extensive menu for both eastern and western pallets at a very reasonable price. We thank Myo and his family for making our trip that much better, and we strongly recommend a visit!