1,086 results
All reviews port stephens loft room overlooking the marina the general manager high tea small beach buffet breakfast dinner menu the galley romantic getaway restaurant staff the ground floor oysters fantastic location lounge area long weekend coffee machine
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

I’m lost for words the room was absolutely stunning... everything down was so clean and fresh and the feeling of home we could live in the room no problem, my partner and I stayed in a loft suite it was amazing loved the hemingway bar, the staff were so helpful especially Rodney at breakfast was great although food was a bit cold other than that everything was fantastic we will be staying again longer next time!! You won’t regret this beautiful hidden gem!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ali H, General Manager at Anchorage Port Stephens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your review. It’s extremely rewarding to receive such wonderful feedback!

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Anchorage Port Stephens and that you found the design of your Loft Suite to be excellent. I am glad you were able to unwind and relax in our well designed suite. We are extremely proud of our recent renovations and are happy to hear that our guests are enjoying the experience also.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

A lovely resort at a beautiful location on a marina - we had a beautifully appointed large resort room with outdoor table and chairs overlooking the marina - Hamptons style décor [all pale gray and white] ample parking. Amazing breakfast selection [even champagne if you so desire] Outdoor area seating looking across the pool and boats in the marina. Restaurants a little expensive - one - but Nelson bay Marina has a great array of restaurants to choose from if you wish to drive [or get a cab]

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ali H, General Manager at Anchorage Port Stephens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Wendy,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Anchorage Port Stephens and that you found the design and Hamptons décor of your Suite to be excellent. I am glad you were able to unwind and relax in our well designed rooms. We are extremely proud of our recent renovations and are happy to hear that our guests are enjoying the experience also.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is superb. We had a suite overlooking the marina and could watch the sun set. Blissful. The Hamptons style decor which seems to be mentioned ad nauseum is not that terrific but certainly has aspects of Hamptons style. However the quality of the furniture was poor and detracted from the stated ‘luxury’ description in the brochures. In particular, the unit the TV stood on was badly cracked and the veneer peeling off. This needs immediate replacing.
The towels were very white but not with the kind of fluffy thick pile one expects at this level of hotel
Greater attention needs to be paid to cleaning of the windows in the lounge area. The outside of both of ours were covered with spiderwebs so of course we didn’t open them. This meant we had to open the doors which kept slamming intermittently in the breeze even though we tried to anchor them back with chairs
Breakfast was adequate but we had to pay extra for barista coffee!! Or else drink their pretty awful machine with buttons type coffee. They couldn’t make me oatmeal porridge because they were ‘waiting on their delivery of oats’ but somehow they had home made muesli every day
Staff in dining room were terrific and helpful. It wasn’t their fault.
Reception staff lovely
Manager very aloof
They seem to make their money primarily from conferences and weddings and for these purposes it is great. A 5 star resort it is not. Too many details smack of their RSL type beginnings. It’s time to move on into the true luxury resort end of the market to tap into this end of the market properly

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deena63

Dear Deena,

I would like to thank you for kindly taking the time to post your feedback, following your stay with us at the Anchorage Port Stephens.

Thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback.

I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations in some areas of the Hotel and would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused. I was particularly disappointed to hear of the restaurant experience you encountered and would like to assure you that this is by no means representative of our usual high standards.

I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, when your travels next bring you to Port Stephens.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my mumma went here from Wednesday to Friday. The room was so pretty and tidy, we paid for the cheapest room and got a beautiful room right by the pool, breakfast was outstanding and all the staff was really really friendly and helpful. The pool is amazing and the sun lounges very comfy.

-wifi only up to 3 devices and we had 5, I think there shouldn’t be any limit for that.
- we wanted to get a massage at the spa but everything was fully booked for the whole time we were there.
-would be good with more options on the menu.
Other than that our stay was amazing and I will recommend everyone to stay here and I’ll definitely come back here!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to share your memorable experiences with us.

It is extremely rewarding to read your great review of The Anchorage Port Stephens as we work hard to ensure all our guests receive warm and attentive service

With Regards to the wifi device limit, this is a standard default from our provider, however all you need to do is ask one of our friendly reception staff and they will be able to provide you with additional login details. At this time of the year our Day Spa is extremely popular and booking in advance is highly recommended. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time lounging at the pool area.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I love this resort. The location is amazing. We were upgraded to a suite which was lovely. I really enjoyed our stay here. The staff are very nice, the rooms are large, clean and with amazing views. Overall we had a wonderful stay

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ali H, General Manager at Anchorage Port Stephens, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Tania

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Anchorage Port Stephens and that you found the design of your Loft Suite to be excellent. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay. We are extremely proud of our recent renovations and are happy to hear that our guests are enjoying the experience also.