“Well worth a visit”

Boot & Shoe , Whitwell
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Whitwell
Price range: US$1 - US$42
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good food well prepared, there was a good selection and well presented by friendly staff. The wait for the food was well worth it.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

No veg no sauce with belly pork and mash....
Burnt steak...
Greasy wedges...far cry from twice cooked chips.
Just regret refusing to pay for meals that weren't even worth 2 for a £10....
Never mind
£13...each....

Reviewed March 9, 2018

My Daughter and son in law live in Whitwell, and they invited me over for my birthday lunch. Having eaten in the Boot a few times previously I already knew I was not going to be disappointed. The pub was quiet with not many customers, we were made very welcome. My daughter and son in law ordered the pie of the day, and I had the seafood linguine. They were very satisfied with their choice, and my linguine was excellent, probably the best I've ever had. After a few beers, the very reasonable bill was paid. We left the pub vowing to return in the not to distant future.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Really like this place and the restaurant has so much potential . Its a really nice setting and would be perfect for any group booking .
The menu is not extensive but there is a good varied selection . We had steak strips and fried Brie for starters . Followed by steak and seafood linguini .Everything was "Bang On " . The Wifee was well happy lol .
Service was superb throughout .
I know its a restaurant within a village but ,for me, you need to look at marketing a bit more because ,trust me , you have a lot to offer .
Honestly the food was so good better than a 4* star restaurant up the road which we like . So its about marketing .It would have been so nice on Valentines day for a few chocolates and a rose on the table .lol . Whatever we had a lovely night with top food .

Reviewed January 15, 2018

My partner and I went to this lovely Bistro yesterday (Sun 14/01/18). Why this place isn't heaving I'll never know, The food is exceptional and the presentation is nothing short of perfect. Mulin, the manager, and head waiter is very attentive with a lovely manner as are the rest of the staff....cannot fault this place now Mr Grumpy has left
From J & JW