Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Julie N
Angeles City, Philippines

Sweet Home Batanes ; )

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 30, 2021
My correct travel date was way back May 2020,, however, I can't believe that I've left this review on the back burner and totally forgot to post because of the pandemic. SO yes, we're the last batch of travelers before Batanes closed their doors for covid measures. I'm with my husband, mom-in-law, and a 4-year-old son when we booked the place and IT did not disappoint. Here's my honest opinion based on my overall experience.

Pros:
♦It's in the center of the capital but not at the busiest part, so you still get to have a fair share of peaceful vibe.
♦Easy access to local stores so it saves you from spending just to go to the store and back
♦Near the popular places visited by most tourists
♦Location is easy to find and near the important gov't. offices like the police station, church, tourist registration desk, etc. (like walking distance kind of near).
♦SInce I'm with my 4 year-old son, it's ideal because the place is near the park and playground

Cons:
♦weather - n
Date of stay: August 2020
Room Tip: Rooftop rooms have the best view
0.2 km from Florabell's Iraya Guest House
  • eDreams
1.9 km from Florabell's Iraya Guest House
Pool
Beachfront
Nice view to have meals or just let time pass by with a cold beer or hot coffee beside you.. :)
  • Agoda.com
0.4 km from Florabell's Iraya Guest House
0.1 km from Florabell's Iraya Guest House
Villa Hontomin, Basco Batanes, Philippines
    3.9 km from Florabell's Iraya Guest House
    View more hotels in Basco
    See what travelers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed February 18, 2020

I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back for my next visit to Batanes.
    Staff were accommodating to all our needs, esp when we had to move our stay due to Taal erruption. They arranged our tours in the customized way we wanted, without charging us extra.
    Really love their place, clean, neat esp the common kitchen with free breakfast, coffee and tea.
    Superb service!

Date of stay: February 2020
    Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

So excited to be in Batanes! I fell in love the moment i set my feet on you! Thank you to ate Rachel and the whole team of florabel for making our stay very at home. Also to Bisumi Tours who guided us all throughout our stay! Kuya Lanz And Kuya Jimmy! You guys are awesome. Thank you soooo much! Make sure to look for these people if you'll be visiting the place.

People in Batanes are very generous and hospitable! You wont get worried if you get lost cos for sure they'll guide you.

I will definitely come back!!!!!!!

Date of stay: March 2019
    Trip type: Traveled with family
    Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Was assigned a tiny room at the top floor with a clogged faucet, requested for a room transfer but they refused several times stating other rooms were already assigned for guests arriving the next couple of days.. we were the only guests for the day and other rooms were a lot better and spacious for the same price we paid.. we complained to the tour company who originally made arrangements for us and Bisomu tours were gracious enough to help us find another place to stay. BUT those thick face arrogant and horrible Florabell's employees demanded that we pay IN FULL amount the 4 nights that we originally booked. The nerve to demand a full payment for a defective room and a horrendous customer service.. stay away from this place at all cost, not worth your headache!!

Date of stay: January 2019
    Trip type: Traveled with friends
    3  Thank flutRN
    Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

The accommodation is comfortable and accessible to different restaurants.

The dining area feels like home and basic needs like coffee, sugar, creamer and water are free. Utensils are also sterilized.

I also like, the free Bath and Body items provided in the room.

The free breakfast needs improvement and hooks in the toilet should be installed.

Date of stay: December 2018
    Trip type: Traveled with family
    1  Thank docarRidenza
    Reviewed July 10, 2018

It has a homey feeling, considering it's a guesthouse. Rooms are clean and well equipped, with working AC, TV, good water pressure, hot and cold shower, comfortable and nicely done beds. I really love their shared dining and living area. Located right in the center but Batanes is already a walkable town. They provide tours as well. Breakfast was nice with an option of brewed coffee! (which can be quite hard to find with all the 3-in-1s). Of course, all the staff were very helpful and accommodating. It was short and sweet and we had a great stay.

Room tip: I'd recommend rooms on the second floor where the dining and living area is
    Date of stay: July 2018