eDreams
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

The good, clean simplistic hotel, nice staff and a real brick oven pizza, pasta on their menu at Casa Napoli. We ended up eating 3 times of the 5 nights
The bad, private tour @130 per person for 3 half day tours, although inclusive of fees and rides and average lunch selections (@300 pesos per head) was a bit too much for a remote locality like batanes. We did enjoy it though as our guide Jack and Driver JV were all smiles. Tour rates are deceiving as they quote days n nights, nights only cover transport to a restaurant of your choice.

Overall a great Batanes experience

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ankurn2015
Reviewed 17 April 2019 via mobile

The hotel looked fairly new or at least I was checked into one of the rooms in the new building. The staffs are friendly. No one came in to make up my room though in 3 days and the bathroom was smelly if u turn the exhaust off hence you have to keep it on the whole time. There were no refs in my room nor were there bottled water or glasses provided. You have to ask for them. But my room had a balcony which was a nice touch. Cellular reception is very poor so you will literally be unplugged from the rest of the world.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2019 via mobile

We clearly stated in our email communications and repeatedly told Ms Thea (person who I spoke to) to ensure 100% functionality of toilet and bathroom. She assured us of it and reserved our rooms at their newly built hotel -Lantia, however our T&B concerns unfortunately happened —Water pressure was low from the sink faucet and the shower, and worse was the drainage which reeked of canal smell and was slow to drain. We had to leave door and window opened to air out whenever we were back in the room. Staff was called to fix but was not successful...Another thing was the room assignments, they were not able to provide two adjacent rooms for us for triple sharing..room blockings were messed up and one room already given to us - with all our bags in place was no longer our room when we got back from our tour around 4pm as they gave it to a couple who was also complaining upon check in. No advise was given to us while we were out which we thought was very rude and unprofessional...We didn’t even get a proper apology from the management..As what we have generally observed , the locals may be nice,friendly and kind but I think there is a need for improvement in terms of customer service for the hotel staff.

Rooms : 103 and 212
March 3-6, 2019
Quirante sisters

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
0214casa-bernardo, Owner at Bernardo's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2019

Thank you for taking time to review us here.
You have listed your expectations thru email that your rooms must be adjacent or beside each other, hence, we blocked and reserved Rooms 102 and 103 for you. You have originally reserved 2 double rooms for total of 4persons.

However, when you informed us few days before your arrival date of "possible" additional 1 pax, we mentioned an extra bed will be put at Room 103 but upon arrival you were 6pax in all that needs some adjustment in room assignment.

We apologize that we caused you inconvenience about the room transfer.

About the water pressure - our locality advocates water conservation so we opted not to use water pressure. We posted in each room the scarcity of water supply in Basco so we are soliciting consideration in the reuse of towels and linens if possible too.

We have checked the bathroom and toilet drain and are now working well.

Thank you again for this review as this will help us a lot along the way and our sincere apology for all our shortcomings.

DIOS MAMAJES !

Reviewed 19 February 2019 via mobile

Batanes was one of the destination that I wanted to visit and I had the opportunity to finally visit the place when a dear friend had his wedding at Batanes.. and Bernardo's Hotel was one of the recommended hotel.. it was October last year whe I decided that I'll spend my "me-time" unfortunately it was fully booked already (my trip was Feb and inquired October). Anyway, Ms. Thea Ordas informed me that they will open another or extension of Bernardo's, so I decided to make a reservations.
Anyway, finally in Batanes!
The room was spacious and clean.. I am a breastfeeding mom and since I am alone on this trip, I pump. The staff are very accommodating, the let me use their freezer for my BM stash. Staff are so friendly and staff.
I'm surprised that I have breakfast when I arrived, usually at the other hotels, breakfast will be on the following day. Food are delicious.
Well, there a no phone signal (well, no signal everywhere, actually :))
Overall stay was pleasant.. I really enjoyed every moment of it.
I hope to comeback with my husband.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank cheriemhelc0404
0214casa-bernardo, Owner at Bernardo's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2019

Thank you for this 1st review of our New Building Bernardo's LANTIA Hotel which is located a minute walk from the Main Building - Bernardo's Hotel.

Phone signal is really difficult in the area but we have a roofdeck where signal is much stronger than some specific areas at the ground floor.

We really do hope signal in the area will be improved soon because the community also needs it.

We would be happy to have you back with your whole family.

Dios mamajes!!!

Reviewed 5 December 2018 via mobile

The rooms are clean and staff are very helpful. Breakfast is just right.They also own Casa Napoli which serves the best pizza in Batanes (better than Cafe de Tukon). It's just a minute walk from the beach where you can marvel the beautiful sunset or do star gazing at night.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ira L

Thank you for taking time to review us.

Casa Napoli beside Bernardos is a branch of CASA NAPOLI main in Basco Town proper that serves Taco and Nachos that you will surely enjoy too.

DIOS MAMAJES!