All reviews ate fe common kitchen home away from home fan room cable tv cook your own food microwave oven living room a great stay decent homestay towels were provided buy goods definitely recommend this place accommodating staffs offer free common cr dining area
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Accomodating and helpful staff plus the homey feel made it enough to feel the authentic local home stay. The room is just enough for 3 for us. They have accomodations for big travellers and so with backpackers. We felt home especially since the breakfast is served right within their kitchen. They also consider special diet needs like no pork, etc.

Along with the accomodation, the tours they offered are superbly guided not to mention the fee is reasonable enough. I’d definitely come back and recommend this to budget travellers.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank tinagalido
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Part of the package that we paid with Chanpan Travel and Tours is the accommodation. They are actually partnered with Marfel’s Lodge. It is a cozy lodge to stay in with a mini honesty store that you can buy goods from. On my first day, which was my free time so I don’t have a tour yet, they actually checked on me if I was OK since I haven’t gone out of my room. It was a nice gesture, actually.

Pros:

- Fair price for a lodge.
- Clean rooms (except for something that I’ve noticed that I will discuss in the cons section).
- Good signal for my mobile data (both Globe and Sun). By the way, there are no establishments that I’ve been to with a WiFi. So go there with your own data.
- Daily cleaning of the room.
- Very approachable staff.
- It is near the airport and a souvenir shop.
- Near Pension Ivatan which has been my go-to place during dinner for vegetarian meals.

Cons:

Note: Before I say this, I would like to say that this con might not be something so major and that the pros compensated for this.

- While everything that you can see in your room is clean, what you do not see normally is not. I’m quite an OC person since I clean my apartment myself. So I make sure that I dust off everything regardless if visitors can see it or not. When I tried to turn on the AC, which was quite high, I stepped on my bed to reach it. When suddenly, I glanced at the cabinet beside it. Lo and behold, the top of it was so dusty and seems like not been cleaned for months already. The AC was near the cabinet and quite high so the dust could be blown towards us. But then again, it isn’t major (well, for me). But sometimes, the things that you cannot see are the measure of the cleanliness of a place.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

You don't need to splurge money on hotels to get a five star like treatment. I stayed with Marfel Lodge (Annex) for total of 7 nights. The room is very clean and it has a homey feel to it. It is in the heart of Basco and the tourist spots are just 10-15 mins away (riding tricycle). It is a 5 mins ride from the airport too. My accommodation of 500/night (1000 if you choose to use the airconditioning unit) includes my breakfast and pick up and drop off to the airport. Nice huh! And Ate Alma, the staff in charge is very accommodating and friendly.
But do not expect a wifi, i brought my own wifi here and i don't have a tv on my bedroom. Not a deal breaker for me though because i am out a lot.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Ana Lynn A
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Stayed at their Triple MP home for 4 nights. A few minutes away from the airport (but they provide free airport transfer). The caretaker was very accommodating and helpful. Room size is just right--the rate depends on whether you will use just the fan (P600) or the aircon (P1k). Both are in your room--so they'll just rely on your honesty when you are settling the bill upon checkout. :) Bathroom is shared per floor, but there are only 2 rooms per floor, so it's all good. Free breakfast, but you can also cook in the kitchen.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Nice home and caretaker. Not-so-decent cable TV and there's no wifi. Free breakfast and free airport transfer is a great offer. Complete home amenities, you can cook there. Although there's no toiletry besides your towel which can be replaced as requested.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo