All reviews ate fe common kitchen home away from home fan room cable tv cook your own food microwave oven living room a great stay decent homestay towels were provided buy goods definitely recommend this place accommodating staffs offer free common cr dining area
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

Room rates are cheap for only Php 1400/night and we are 4 that time. You may cook inside and live like a locals. There is a Wifi connection but so much slow like a snail. They can offer you a tour package for cheap price. Common comfort rooms are clean with soap and tissue.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Theernestong
Reviewed 26 November 2015

I had the privilege of staying in Marfel's last Nov. 21-24 and I must say that it exceeds my expectations based on all the reviews I searched online. Yes, there is a spacious living room where you can use the TV or just chill out, you can cook your own food and eat at the dining area, the toilets are well kept, very clean and they provide towels and complimentary soap, water is not a problem. Wifi connection is not that fast considering the area but still manageable. There is also an Honesty store inside the house where you can list first what you get and pay later. They also rent bicycles so you can explore the town, what I like aboout Marfel's is that it's 5 minutes away from the airport and it's accessible to Abad Street (Market). Staff are friendly specially Jim the receptionist. I would book again at Marfel's on my next Batanes visit!

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank Ria N
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Marfel's Lodge is the house to be when staying at Basco, Batanes. The proprietor,Tita Fe is refreshingly wonderful and accommodating, not to mention funny and helpful. The staff is equally warm, friendly and competent. The place itself is homey and comfortable, with crisp linens, clean rooms and complete home facilities. I will definitely recommend Tita Fe and all of Marfel's!!

Room Tip: Book early - they really get full even during off-peak season!!
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
3  Thank GioRamos
Reviewed 22 September 2015

Home away from home is exactly the description of Marfel Lodge Extension. It's a bungalow with 4 aircon rooms adjacent to each other with communal living and dining area and with separate bathrooms and comfort rooms for boys and girls. It has a big garden and lanai just for those hours "doing-nothing". Our "home" is strategically located near the airport (walking distance) and restaurants such as the Pension Ivatan Restaurant and Octagon Bed and Dine.

The kitchen basically has all the things that you need from food ingredients to snacks. You can use their cooking utensils, equipment and Ref for free. Each food item you see in the kitchen has a price label on it so you'll know how much you're gonna pay. Just like any other Honesty store, payment is placed in a basket without anyone checking. Signal and wifi is sometimes a challenge but you can always visit the Octagon Bed and Dine where the strongest signal in the area is found. There's a flat screen TV at the living area and you may use it as well for videoke. They also offer laundry service (a little pricey like P15 per shirt) !!!

Marfel Lodge Extension has the basic amenities any home should have. Besides, the receptionists were so helpful in assisting us with our tour and they're so considerate and understanding for giving us a discounted price for our accommodations when our flights to Manila were cancelled due to bad weather. Indeed a home away from home. Adios Mamajes Marfel !!!

Room Tip: There's one room among the four that has its own bathroom. This room is good for a family or a group of 3-4 friends.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Certified_Biyahero
Reviewed 18 September 2015

True to the title, Batanes used to be just a dream.

But the dream became a reality last month when I finally visited the northernmost part of the Philippines along with my travel buddy. After years of praying, hoping and "google-ing", the beautiful landmarks of the island(s) were right in front of me.

I can go on and on with details about the gorgeous island(s) but this is a review for Marfel's. So, let me give credit where it is due.

Marfel's did not disappoint me a bit if I where to base my expectations on everything that I have read here (Tripadvisor) or from other blogs/sites, considering I am a "hope for the best, expect the worst" type of person. The warmth, hospitality, friendliness, helpfulness of the staff that I have read and expected were all felt and extended to us from the moment we were picked up in the airport up to our flight back home.

Specifics - We stayed at Room 5 of Marfel's Annex. it has 2 double-beds, bathroom, A/C, fan, and cable TV. The room is located outside the house (not detached though) which I liked actually because it gave us some privacy. We still have access to the living room and kitchen anyway, as the main door was just open 24/7 - literally. There is a mini-honesty where you can buy basic stuff but the major plus was the FREE use of the kitchen and FREE drinking water. We cooked and had breakfast in the dining area and in the terrace a couple of times during our stay. There's a hammock outside where you can take a nap. But if you're up for it, there are bikes to rent.I rented one on a stroll to the plaza one afternoon.

The two lovely ladies assigned in the Annex were more than helpful not just in ensuring that the place is maintained but in answering our queries and even suggesting places to go/things to do. Ate Susan even drove us to Casa Napoli on our second night and gave me a hot compress bag for my allergies.

Ate Fe (manager/caretaker) visited the Annex almost every day to check on the guests. She was very nice and accommodating. Anyone who stayed in Marfel's can agree that she is "your mother away from home."

Marfel's isn't perfect.It does not have an uninterrupted water supply (just Annex according to the ladies due to its location). We had a couple of brownouts during our stay, did not last long though. Supplies are not not as varied and plenty as compared to the city. But they're trivial compared to the beauty of the island and its people. The island of Batanes and its people are the nicest that I have come across with.

For all of these, I will forever be grateful to Marfel's, BISUMI, and my tour-mates.

Dios Mamajes!