All reviews ate fe common kitchen home away from home fan room cable tv cook your own food microwave oven living room a great stay decent homestay towels were provided buy goods definitely recommend this place accommodating staffs offer free common cr dining area
Reviewed 22 September 2015

Home away from home is exactly the description of Marfel Lodge Extension. It's a bungalow with 4 aircon rooms adjacent to each other with communal living and dining area and with separate bathrooms and comfort rooms for boys and girls. It has a big garden and lanai just for those hours "doing-nothing". Our "home" is strategically located near the airport (walking distance) and restaurants such as the Pension Ivatan Restaurant and Octagon Bed and Dine.

The kitchen basically has all the things that you need from food ingredients to snacks. You can use their cooking utensils, equipment and Ref for free. Each food item you see in the kitchen has a price label on it so you'll know how much you're gonna pay. Just like any other Honesty store, payment is placed in a basket without anyone checking. Signal and wifi is sometimes a challenge but you can always visit the Octagon Bed and Dine where the strongest signal in the area is found. There's a flat screen TV at the living area and you may use it as well for videoke. They also offer laundry service (a little pricey like P15 per shirt) !!!

Marfel Lodge Extension has the basic amenities any home should have. Besides, the receptionists were so helpful in assisting us with our tour and they're so considerate and understanding for giving us a discounted price for our accommodations when our flights to Manila were cancelled due to bad weather. Indeed a home away from home. Adios Mamajes Marfel !!!

Room Tip: There's one room among the four that has its own bathroom. This room is good for a family or a group of 3-4 friends.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Certified_Biyahero
Reviewed 18 September 2015

True to the title, Batanes used to be just a dream.

But the dream became a reality last month when I finally visited the northernmost part of the Philippines along with my travel buddy. After years of praying, hoping and "google-ing", the beautiful landmarks of the island(s) were right in front of me.

I can go on and on with details about the gorgeous island(s) but this is a review for Marfel's. So, let me give credit where it is due.

Marfel's did not disappoint me a bit if I where to base my expectations on everything that I have read here (Tripadvisor) or from other blogs/sites, considering I am a "hope for the best, expect the worst" type of person. The warmth, hospitality, friendliness, helpfulness of the staff that I have read and expected were all felt and extended to us from the moment we were picked up in the airport up to our flight back home.

Specifics - We stayed at Room 5 of Marfel's Annex. it has 2 double-beds, bathroom, A/C, fan, and cable TV. The room is located outside the house (not detached though) which I liked actually because it gave us some privacy. We still have access to the living room and kitchen anyway, as the main door was just open 24/7 - literally. There is a mini-honesty where you can buy basic stuff but the major plus was the FREE use of the kitchen and FREE drinking water. We cooked and had breakfast in the dining area and in the terrace a couple of times during our stay. There's a hammock outside where you can take a nap. But if you're up for it, there are bikes to rent.I rented one on a stroll to the plaza one afternoon.

The two lovely ladies assigned in the Annex were more than helpful not just in ensuring that the place is maintained but in answering our queries and even suggesting places to go/things to do. Ate Susan even drove us to Casa Napoli on our second night and gave me a hot compress bag for my allergies.

Ate Fe (manager/caretaker) visited the Annex almost every day to check on the guests. She was very nice and accommodating. Anyone who stayed in Marfel's can agree that she is "your mother away from home."

Marfel's isn't perfect.It does not have an uninterrupted water supply (just Annex according to the ladies due to its location). We had a couple of brownouts during our stay, did not last long though. Supplies are not not as varied and plenty as compared to the city. But they're trivial compared to the beauty of the island and its people. The island of Batanes and its people are the nicest that I have come across with.

For all of these, I will forever be grateful to Marfel's, BISUMI, and my tour-mates.

Dios Mamajes!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank bbtsuperman
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Thankfully we still had a room reserved for us even though our flight was cancelled 3 times.
Cleanliness is really good. Condition of Marfel Annex is quite good too. Stayed at room 5 and had a private bathroom. The water pressure is quite low but that's expected in an island. There's a honesty store in the shared kitchen. There are also bikes for rent. We loved the hammock by the hut outside.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank pswanderlust
Reviewed 8 August 2015

We really enjoyed staying at Marfel's Lodge at Easter 2015. We discovered on arrival that there'd been a mix-up with our bookings, but everything got sorted out to our satisfaction very quickly. If it's basic and clean accommodation that you want, you'll get exactly that at Marfel's and at a very reasonable price. We spent half of our time here and half at Crisan's a few hundred metres away. I'd thoroughly recommend either of them. We all really enjoyed hanging out here at Marfel's eating together in the common area when we weren't out and about in Batanes enjoying the amazing scenery. Many thanks Ate Fe for a great stay.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sidney_Ruff_Diamond
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Nothing fancy but got everything you need. Kitchen is well stocked with honesty system. Clean and enough space for a group, loved the kids who would come say hi and play in the garden. close to the airport and front desk organized tour. Liked that we we could walk around the town from here.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family