Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Arr V
Metro Manila, Philippines

Picturesque Batanes

Review of Villa Hontomin
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 13, 2023via mobile
I’m in Basco for a working visit . Working while touring is something I do splendidly.

The hotel/inn is rather spartan, clean, and comfortable in its own way ( internet, cable tv, seaside view, room is spacious, and staff is polite and helpful.

As expected Batanes is picture-perfect.
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: Get a local to guide you…
Trip type: Traveled on business
₱1,352
Fully refundable
    ₱1,350
Restaurant
Nice view to have meals or just let time pass by with a cold beer or hot coffee beside you.. :)
₱3,305
4.5 km from Villa Hontomin
₱1,893
    ₱1,388
View more hotels in Basco
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2023

Villa Hontomin is a perfect place to stay in Batanes. Hospitality, kindness, cleanliness and service were there as expected. It is located front beach with an amazing view, especially during sunrise and sunset. The room was very pleasant, it was cozy and clean. Breakfast was excellent! They have a limited team but have always been friendly, patient and helpful. That impressed me the most. You could turn to them with all your concerns no matter what time of day or night. As a first-timer traveler, I will definitely go back! This place was recommended by my friend 2 years ago when they stayed in Batanes. On my next adventure on the island, I will definitely check into Villa Hontomin. The price-performance ratio is outstanding and also the location is just perfect for a walk around or cycling if you wanted to. It was my HOME away from home.

PS. As a fresh graduate, Batanes was my dream destination ever since! It live up to my expectations. I'll give you guys update coz I'm going back in June

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Marvin E
Reviewed April 22, 2023 via mobile

I have stayed here last 2019 with my friends and this year, I brought my family with me. Rooms are simple yet cozy and clean. The view from the balcony is amazing especially during sunset. Wifi is available but poor telco signal in the area. Villa Hontomin is highly recommended, me and my family had a great stay. I’d visit again in 2024 and hopefully book a couple room then. :)

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Roam25326229142
Reviewed August 2, 2019

Rooms are worn out, Low shower water pressure. No electricity during our second night, the hotel do not have a power generator. food service is upon request only at their given time. The hotel only has one van, guests must follow their schedule and leave early. Room rate is not acceptable for the service and accommodation type.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2019

Apart from their beachfront location, this place has nothing much to offer. For the rates they have, you can find a better off hotel that is cheaper.

Rooms were quite small. Showers/ water supply was limited. Had to transfer rooms because of the water issue and the other rooms were just filthy and not ready for guests. I understand that location could be a factor so we didnt mind using the bucket and 'tabo'. But when you have to use a tabo with a big hole in it, it becomes very frustrating! Even after requesting for a new tabo, staff acknowledged but we never got a new one.

Despite all that, Some of the staff were accommodating when we asked them to cook our sweet potato haul from town.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank dorothyingrid
Reviewed March 31, 2019

Cons
No electricity every afternoon during our stay and scheduled!
-Very few staff on peak hours
-Food service is upon request only
-Expensive food as compared with the other restaurants in Batanes. Food serving is small.
-Near the airport but they only have one van so you still need to follow their schedule and leave early at the airport .
-Low shower water pressure

Pros
Clean
Comfortable Bed
Beachfront
Terrace
Near airport

The place is clean but if you plan to have more time staying in a hotel, pick somewhere else.

Date of stay: March 2019