All reviewssnow hotelice restaurantsleeping bagaurora alarmlocker roomsalmonunique experienceone nightglass igloonorthern lightsonce in a lifetimeice roomsnow and icewarm roomice sculpturesbucket listbaked potato
Reviewed 7 April 2018

So I had already booked a very well located apartment in Rovaniemi for a week, but I really wanted to experience an Ice Hotel. I looked at all the options available and read a couple of reviews, and opted for a tour with dinner at the Ice Restaurant, mainly because I had reservations on how comfortable it would be to spend the night.

Pick up was in central Rovaniemi and we got there in 30 minutes. We had a private tour of the Hotel and grounds - saw all the suites -, and had the Ice Restaurant all to ourselves for the duration of the meal. Very Romantic, although food was only so so.

We had a lot of time to grab a drink at the Ice Bar, stroll the grounds, pet the rein deer, and have a warm drink afterwords.

No Aurora that night, but we saw it twice from our apartment that week.

Do not miss a visit if in Rovaniemi!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pcfialho
ArcticSnowHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Arctic SnowHotel & Glass Igloos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for visiting us!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is not a very big resort, I guess it's about 40 glass igloos. The snow hotel and ice bar is just opposite of the reception and is free for visit. We join a tradition + snow sauna + Jacuzzi session and it last about 1.5hrs. Shower is included in the session so we are not bordered about limited shower time (25mins) in-room. And it's worth to try.

Dinner is the not as valued for money. Salmon is overcooked and small portion size of soup. The worst part is that they use the fireplace which set up in the middle in the restaurant to cook salmon steak for next round guests. As the ventilation is not good and all my clothing smell charcoal after the dinner.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandylcs
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was a fun thing to check off the bucket list and experience (and I'm glad I did it), but I don't feel a need to do it again. I was surprised how well I slept. It took me a bit to get situated and comfortable so I didn't feel claustrophobic in the mummy sleeping bag...but once I was situated the only thing that was cold was my nose. I slept great until they arrived with our hot berry juice in the morning! Also, I enjoyed our dinner at the Kota restaurant. Loved the salmon!!...My husband's reindeer...not so much - it was two patties of ground meat that reminded us of salisbury steak like you'd get at a diner in the States. We had reindeer on two other occasions in the trip that was great, but would not recommend ordering it here. I really regret not getting over to the ice bar to have a drink and shatter the ice-glass against the wall when we finished - that looked fun! Breakfast was nice. It was fun to see all the rooms and I was glad to see that there was a (heated) bathroom on-site. The rest of the hotel was all snow and that was fun.

Room Tip: You're just in your room to sleep so if you are able to see the other rooms then it probably doesn't matter much to splurge here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Holly L

Thank you for staying with us! We have changed our reindeer option for next winter season so it will be sauteéd reindeer with mashed potatoes (which is more traditional for this region :) ).

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner visits the week before Christmas and stayed for 3 night in an igloo..
Unfortunately we didn’t see the northern night but that would of been the cherry on the top of a wonderful magical trip.
Staff were lovely and friendly, igloo was basic and comfortable (exactly what the website states) Beautiful surroundings and we were able to use the ice bar in the ice hotel, and did slip off and take a sneaky peak in the ice hotel that opened on the day we left.. incredible place!!!
Once in a life time trip, which I MUST do again.
TV would of been nice though
Gorgeous place..
Driving is a must.
We rented a car

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

On the night we stayed, we were lucky to see the northern lights through the glass roof.
This is a must do if you are in Rovaniemi.
The room is quite small for our group of 3, and the bed is small for my height. (5'8)
We had dinner in the ice restaurant. Food was pricey for the value, but we were there for the magical experience.
Remember to bring your purse if you might order some hot beverage. We had it billed to our room , and upon checking out, they didn't show us the receipt before charging my card, and charged me more. I didn't notice the number was wrong until we were in another hotel.
Though it was resolved quickly, I did lose some money on credit card conversion fee/foreign transaction fee.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family