Arctic SnowHotel & Glass Igloos
Scandic Rovaniemi(Rovaniemi)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Santa's Hotel Santa Claus(Rovaniemi)(Great Value!)
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Arctic City Hotel(Rovaniemi)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
US$147
US$147
US$143
US$108
Santa Claus Holiday Village(Rovaniemi)(Great Value!)
US$105
Agoda.com
Scandic Polar(Rovaniemi)
Hotels.com
All reviewssnow hotelice restaurantsleeping baglocker roomsalmonaurora alarmunique experienceone nightglass iglooonce in a lifetimenorthern lightsice roombaked potatobucket listice sculpturessnow and icewarm room
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We spent 2 nights in this hotel and would recommend to anyone!! The igloo's are huge and ours was a standard one for 2 adults and our 9 year old. Very comfortable and very warm. The hotel complex is really nice and the ice hotel is fascinating. We had breakfast and an evening meal there and the food is really nice. Evening meal is pricey but comparable with other hotels in the area. Although the aurora alarm went off on the 1st night, we didn't see them, however, we were lucky to see the lights from the comfort of our own adjustable beds on the 2nd night. Utterly amazing!!!

Room Tip: Any more than 3 people travelling would need a family igloo! Standard igloo's are perfect for 2 adults and 1 child
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank _sarajfaulkner
ArcticSnowHotel, Myyntipäällikkö at Arctic SnowHotel & Glass Igloos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for your nice comments. It is definitely an amazing experience to see the northern lights from the comfort of your own bed!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We came to Finland for our first wedding anniversary and stayed 1 night at the Arctic snow hotel. All in all we had an awesome experience! Upon arriving we were offered hot berry juice then got a guided tour around the snowhotel and surrounding complex. My husband and I found the staff extremely jolly, chatty and friendly. We had booked a private sauna and the snow sauna was a fun new experience, the staff gave us detailed directions and we finished with a hot tub at sunset. We really enjoyed getting a drink in the ice bar in ice shot glasses and our overnight stay was in a superior room the design was really good with a fireplace and ice furniture. We were really tired due to an early start that morning so slept right through (didn't even get cold feet) but we were super wrapped up, and got woken the next morning with a hot drink.. Would fully recommend the snowhotel, it was a great experience, but is more akin to camping so if you're used to luxury you might be better off in one of the igloos. Only downfalls were we didn't see the Aurora...Can't blame anyone for that though, and was really disappointed with the elk, for €45 for a 3 course meal I expected slightly better quality, it reminded me of the old skool processed TV dinners.... Maybe the quality would have been better in the main restaurant... All the other meals looked good though so don't let that put you off from eating in the ice restaurant!! All in all a great trip and lots of fun photo's, would fully recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenni C
ArcticSnowHotel, Myyntipäällikkö at Arctic SnowHotel & Glass Igloos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us! I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your meal. As the restaurant is re-built every year, the price of the meal is not consisting of ingredients only. Elk is a rare treat even for locals as it is quite expensive meat and all the incredients that we use such as vegetables are all fresh and not processed.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

My husband and I stayed for one night at a small igloo for two. It was comfortable, warm, and had almost everything we were used to in a modern hotel room, including wi-fi. The shower was with hot water (not exceeding 25 minutes of continuous use, which was more than enough). There was an aurora alarm that looked like a light switch which you could turn on-off. The electric beds faced north and were adjustable in case you wanted to watch the Aurora Borealis from the inside, but my experience from that night was that with medium activity on the Northern Lights scale, you would need to come outside to see the lights. Also the lights were seen more clearly in photos than with naked eyes. The glass roof proved useful for me anyway because of all the stars on display. The only problem with these igloos in my opinion is that they were situated too close together.
We had salmon dinner at the Kota. The meal was quite delicious. Buffet breakfast was okay. Overall, I feel staying here was worth the price and traveling.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rinacha

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 12 March 2017

One of the salient point of our trip to chase the Aurora borealis.
We stayed for one night for the experience. Unfortunately we did not catch
or watch one. Off the bucket list.
Our igloo temp was too toasty when we checked in. Had temp adjusted by
the staff. Turns out to be bad mistake. It was uncomfortably freezing. No
telephones in the igloo too notify the front desk. Others in our group had
opposite complain. Their igloos temp was toasty. They ended sleeping in
their shorts and not using blankets.
We had group dining at their restaurant for the night. The broiled salmon
was too salty for my taste. My table was near the fireplace grill area and
saw how it was prepared. Ugh. I asked mine to be changed. Same. Scrape
off top portion, eat it with baked potato and suffer.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bobi F

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear that you had problems with the temperature. If you have any problems, you can always call to our sales department if you don't want to go to reception and we will help you out.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Travelling with a group of 16 Australians, but have single accomodation. Stayed overnight in an igloo. We packed an overnight bag for this accomodation. Designed for viewing the Northern Lights, the roof is made of tinted glass. Nice ensuite with shower, handbasin, toilet, with toiletries - Brownie points ! Tea and coffee making facilities - more Brownie points ! Two single beds with option to raise the bedhead - electrical control. I presume it is all the better to see the Northern Lights, but I elevated it because I had a half starved pillow and needed extra height. The Northern Lights didn't play out for us. Very poor display. You can only blame the sun and earth for that !!
Also in the room a small fridge, occasional table with a lamp, one chair, hanging space. There are family sized igloos available. My igloo was roomy enough, toastie warm, comfortable. I wore a t-shirt in the igloo, but it was - 18* outside, so hat, scarf, snow boots, down jacket, fleece pants to go across to reception, dining area. In this timber building, there was also souvenir shop, toilets, sitting room, luggage storage.
We were shown over the SnowHotel, which is rebuilt each year using blocks of ice cut from a nearby lake. The design changes every year. All the fittings and furniture are also carved from ice. Seats are covered with reindeer skins. Two of our group had a drink in the bar, and commented that you wouldn't know you were sitting on ice. Artists are invited to make ice sculptures to decorate passages and entrance. We saw the entrance, bar, chapel, restaurant, and a bedroom. Guests sleep on a wooden base in sub zero sleeping bags. There were people booked into the restaurant that night, and a couple booked to sleep there.
If I remember correctly, the temperature in the hotel was 0* to -5*. Lots of concealed
lighting gave the hotel atmosphere.
Meals were good, three course dinner included in our package. Breakfast was buffet style. Very adequate. If you are a night time nibbler, take some muesli bars etc to igloo. They don't seem to do Decaf coffee. I carried my own for night time.
I was comfortable all the time I was there.

Room Tip: The igloos are very quiet, warm, comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Polly3380

Thank you for your nice comments and staying with, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it!