Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
eDreams
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly, honest and professional staff.Excellent location, by the beach and central in the main village. We stayed in a bungalow just a few steps away from the beach. It seemed to me that the rooms are farther away from the beach, on the road side. The beach is OK, nothing stunning but it's pleasant, fairly large, clean and the sea is good to swim. The hotel provides with beach towels and there are a few sunbeds just by the restaurant. Breakfast is good, good variety of fresh fruits and international style buffet. Excellent massage, just by the beach (recommend!). Airport shuttle (600 bath one way). Some 30 mins to Maenam Pier (transport to and from the hotel can be bought through lomprayah boat service and it's cheaper than the hotel transport), as well as to Buddha pier. 20 minutes to the airport. To note: it was the staff advising us to buy lomprayah ticket inclusive of transport, instead of the hotel transfer as it would be cheaper - this speaks to the friendliness and honesty of the staff. Very good wifi in the room and restaurant, good coverage on the beach too. Simple/basic but clean, with kettle tea and coffe, two complimetary water a day. A/C was noisy but it worked. Could definitely do better with a bit of renovation but it is very good overall. We stayed there two nights on our way to Koh Tao, and one night back, on our way to Bangkok and it was a perfect choice. I would not stay there longer, simply because I do not like Samui as much as the other islands. But would definitely go back again for a stopover.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank En30
Ning I, Owner at Samui Laguna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your compliments are the great support to us. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

So I am sitting here in my room tonight with nothing to do because of the religious day going on so I thought I would write this review.

The good:

Great part of the island away from the noise but just a 10 minute walk left out of the hotel and you're slap bang in the middle of everything. The daytime staff are friendly and very welcoming. Beach area is nice and clean. The water pressure in the shower ( I am staying in the main building with a view of the pool) was great with good temperature controls. A.C. works good if a little noisy and the water/coffee was replenished after room was cleaned.

The bad:

I have never seen such an old television in a hotel room before, not even flat screen. I booked a double bed because I like to stretch out on vacation but instead I just had 2 beds pushed together meaning I could only sleep on one side because of the bump in the middle. The room has dark wood decor which made the room also pretty dark. Oh yeah, the tv stations had only one English channel but it didn't matter because each channel had a lot of reception fuzz anyway making it almost impossible to watch. The cleaning was not really done that well, I actually wondered if anything had been cleaned because the glass sink was always water stained making it look quite dirty ( I had a little clean myself on an area of the sink to see if it could be cleaned, which It could!) and there was water flecks all over the mirror which had never been attended to since day one. The cleaning to me, was them coming in, changing the towels, making the beds and refilling toilet paper. Also the staff changed after 10pm on the reception from being nice friendly staff, to a miserable woman who never even smiled, said hello or made eye contact, so much so, that I started taking my room key out with me on an evening so I didn't have to go near her.

All in all it has been a below par experience for me. The resort needs to take a good look at itself and some of it's staff. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I thought that as it was low season, the resort would have the time to pay a little more attention to detail to keep it's remaining guests happy.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank swisssmoggie
Ning I, Owner at Samui Laguna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your comments are very useful to us. We plan to renovate our rooms soon and we will improve our facilities and services up to the standard. Once again, thank you very much for your kind review.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I would love to award this hotel 5* as the location is perfect - on the beach, within a few minutes walk of a wide range of restaurants and, if you want it, girly bars but away from any night time noise. Also, the staff are brilliant, absolutely nothing was too much trouble and the few issues we did have were dealt with immediately and professionally.
Our pool view room was spacious and clean but very tired. There were nice touches like the provision of not only beach towels but also a beach bag, umbrellas , tissues replenished regularly, 2 bottles of water daily and the free wifi was excellent. The en suite wet room was clean but in need of updating. The room was quite dark but living on a Mediterranean island ourselves we appreciated that it helped to keep the room cooler although the a/c units were in dire need of upgrading. This is an hotel with huge potential which is crying out to be tapped.
The restaurant on the beach was a perfect location. Although not really breakfast people the food on offer was varied and plentiful, even as a ceolliac with a dairy allergy I had no problem. We did lunch there quite often and whilst not cheap the food was good.
Whilst far from the best hotel we've ever stayed in we had a pleasant stay and would certainly consider staying again should we return to Koh Samui.

Room tip: Pool view as others in main building either overlook the river/road or a brick wall.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley W

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We plan to renovate our rooms soon. We hope to seeing you again in your next return.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We should've trusted the bad reviews!
The Good:
- Great staff! Sweet & friendly. They all tried very hard to please us and attend to the many issues we had with the two bad rooms. Ken, at the reception, is the most wonderful hotel worker, ever! Such a professional and friendly young man!
- Great location! On the beach with a nice swimming pool. In the middle of the shopping, restaurants, bars, massage, ...etc.
- Good breakfast! Many variety of fresh items and great coffee.

The Bad:
Old & run down! Many items inside the room are either broken or non-functional. First room smelled dirty and AirCon didn't work. Maintenance added gas, but we were told unit was too old to cool well. The decorative pillows on the bed stunk like dirty feet and have never been washed! Dust and spiderweb everywhere. Bathroom sink wobbly. Very hard bed!!!
Second room they offered us had a little better AirCon, but still hot during the day. The sink is also wobbly. Shower right door broken. Hot water heater either too hot or too cold. Had to turn off otherwise boiling water!!! On two separate occasions the hotel had NO water in the morning and middle of the day when we needed it the most.

Sad that such great staff but such horrible property!
Stay away until they remodel and fix things.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ning I, Owner at Samui Laguna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your comments are very useful to us. We plan to renovate our property in the near future. We hope to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Excellent breakfast choices, very friendly and helpful staff, pool a bit small but alright for a quick dip to cool off. Could do with a makeover and not enough sunbeds on the beach. Positioned at the start of the strip with plenty of eating and drinking places to suit all pockets

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Feraboy
Ning I, Owner at Samui Laguna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Greetings from Samui Laguna Resort.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We will use your suggestions to improve our facilities and services. We hope to seeing you again soon.