“Fantastic Mango Chicken!!”

The Spice House at Cassia Cottage
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Duong Dong
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Spice House is Cassia Cottages restaurant cooking up everything from local Vietnamese seafood dishes to imported steaks, all at reasonable prices. French, Italian, Spanish, German, Australian, American and Chilean wines are stocked as well as imported spirits and cigars. Great food and a wonderful atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My best dinner in Phu Quoc so far!
The Mango Chicken is fabalous! The lo g way from Salinda hotel was it worth!

I tried also the Curry Chicken, that was also nice, but nothing special, the Mango chicken is the right signature dish!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great food. Delicious in fact. Cocktails were a hit also. Expensive for Vietnam but cheap compared to most western countries. Went back twice. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner here last night
1 chicken curry meat bone dry.
1 chicken mango meat very dry
1 spagetti bolognaise spot on well done.
I complained about my curry and got it for free very well handled by the team. Unfortunatly this does not change our impression that it was not worth the taxi ride to eat here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A good mix of Thai, Vietnamese and other food with relatively inexpensive wine and other drinks . It was a short 7 minute walk from our hotel (The Veranda)

1  Thank GeorgeDaymond
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I heard lots of good things about this restaurant, but was hugely disappointed when I visited. I ordered an "iron clay fish" dish, which in reality was just Mackerel and rice. I removed the main central bone, but then found the rest of the dish was littered with fish bones and was inedible for me. When the waitresses collected the leftovers, nobody asked why I had hardly eaten anything, which for me demonstrates complacency and a lack of customer service.

Mark B, Owner at The Spice House at Cassia Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi:; we get that you did not like our Claypot fish: leaving the bone-in is part of the dish. To be really good, it ought to have Daikon and smoked porkl. And we are sorry our staff didn't see your unhappiness. And we regret that you did not say anything to the manager or staff, as the item would have been removed from your bill or replaced with something you did like. But, One Star is the internet equivalent of a Fail. Maybe that red Nuclear button ought to not be on everyone's desk.