“Traditional Slovak food & cultural entertainment for tourists”

Zbojnicka koliba - Stara Lesna
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We visited the Zbojnicka Koliba / 'Robbers house' with a group of 40 people. The owner and the waiters reacted and responded to our wishes in dynamic way. It is suitable for tourists who would like to try some examples of traditional Slovak food & cultural entertainment. Vegetarians were also very satisfied...

Reviewed 14 February 2017

As a "Brit" visiting within a group on hols I was amazed how many Slovakian?Polish people were their (also on hols I presume?) as this restaurant is clearly set up for tourists BUT is none the worse for that in any way at all...
The food was good, the service excellent and the music played "with gusto" at all times.
I'll return on my next visit to Slovakia

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Be aware that opening hours are not from 14:30 but from 18:00. We walked there from the main street (3km) so it was really disappointing that restaurant was closed!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

...and don't do the same mistake as we did by choosing this place! We were trying to take personnel's rudeness easy first. When it repeated it became really annoying. After paying the bill we were asked "if everything was all right". We said we didn't feel very well and there are reserves in customer approach. The reaction was simply shocking: "I'm not here to make you feel well." It is unacceptable reaction from a regular waiter not even from a co-owner of the restaurant!
If the above sounds unbelievable just go there and do your own experience...

2  Thank Martin S
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

The food was good I'm not gonna lie. The service- it was an absolute disaster. We felt extremely unwelcome. They did not even serve the food offered on the menu because they were "out of it"- at 9pm. The service was rude- it was the worst experience in a restaurant so far. I'm never gonna go back there and I don't recommend it at all. We asked the local taxi driver about it as well and he said that in the past it was full all the time and you had to make a reservation if you wanted to get in. Today- Saturday it was completely empty. The taxi driver was pissed at the restaurant as well since it let him down a couple of times as well. TERRIBLE experience! Don't go there if you don't want to be treated as a dirt!