“Delicious Korean food”

GAON Korean BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 116 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Description: GAON Korean BBQ Restaurant in Maenam China town, Soi 4 where the Walking Street takes place every Thursday. Authentic Korean Food and Charcoal Brazier Korean Barbecue on table. Excellent quality of beef from Australia and Home-made Kimchi & side dishes. All foods are no added MSG. We open every day from 3pm to 10:30pm except Friday. Please refer to our restaurant facebook page for closing day.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After eating way too much Thai food the past few days we were craving a different type of cuisine. We found this gem while walking through the Maenam night market. Ordered the kimchi jigae and pork jowl. Both were so full of flavor and had that homemade taste. Living in NYC I have had my share of authentic korean food. This restaurant is definitely up to par with korean food in NYC. The owner is super sweet and speaks english well. Definitely a must try if you’re in Maenam!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I love Tenderloin here sooooo much. The owner is very friendly; she usually walks around to make sure that every customer knows how to eat, cooking steak is served in order, etc. I recommend you to go on Thursday (Maenam walking street) so after dinner, you can walk a bit. Its not as big as Fisherman’s village but still have lots of local stuff to see.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to try this place today as I need my Korean BBQ anywhere I go. From the second we entered we recieved a very warm welcome from our host. What I did not expect is her full attention the whole time we were there. Resturants dont do that anymore. All they care about is to get you seated, take your order and then take your money.

Our dining experience at GAON was really special and the host was so kind and so so attentive from beginning to end. She engaged with us in very nice conversation frequently and made sure everything is perfect the whole time. She kept a very sweet smile the whole time which kept us so happy we made the decision to try GAON.

We ordered the fried chicken dumplings which were the best i have ever had.

We also ordered bulgogi and ribeye on the bbq charcoal.

The bulgogi was clearly amazingly seasoned and the ribeye cooked rare had a very unique taste. I never ate ribeye this rare but im always willing to see how far I can go. And the meat was FANTASTIC.

Please dont expect to be able to eat the fat as well on the meat as you can ONLY do that when its cooked more than medium doness.

Been in koh samui for a week and this is the first time we recieve outstanding service.

The host represents south korea so well that I would go there on my next vacation if these are truely the standards.

two thumbs up!

This is your place if you need korean bbq.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We came across this unique restaurant on tripadvisor and were drawn in by the reviews and it was nothing short of amazing!

The food was great and so was Hyun, the owner of the restaurant, who is truly an inspiring woman.

If you have a chance GOAN should be at the top of your restaurant list in Ko Samui.

1  Thank Mahan R
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch at Gaon and I must say, the food tasted delicious. We also had a nice chat with the owner of the restaurant who was very accommodating. I will definitely be visiting again when I need my Korean fix the next time I visit Koh Samui.

Overall, highly recommended!