Prana Resort Nandana
US$117
Novotel
  • Breakfast included
ibis Samui Bophut(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$30
ibis
Bandara Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$74
Agoda.com
Melati Beach Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$139
The Briza Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$82
The Waterfront(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$55
US$444
US$209
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$117
Amari.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$128
Agoda.com
Sea Dance Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$89
All reviewsrooftop restaurantinfinity poolpool access roomfisherman's villagebeach sideswim up barcomfortable roomskoh samuihappy hourfire showbig buddhaegg stationrooms are bigthe hotel offersa wonderful staynight staydeluxe room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am a single female (black) travelling alone. Arrived at the hotel early (11am) prior to check-in (2pm) due to flight connections and was welcomed by reception team with a drink and cold towel. They offered to store my luggage and provided me with a towel for beach.

When I went up to my room at 2pm, there was a cute local gift on the bed with a flower which was another nice touch. However.... unfortunately there is building work going on all day directly opposite my room/window. The view is unsightly and it's noisey, but that's not my main concern, it's the fact again being a single woman, there are work men who can see into my room. It seems very inappropriate to put a female traveller in that position. The lovely receptionist (Bo) on front desk during the evening said they will try to reaccomodate me.

The beach, pool and bar area is superb and guests are offered plates of cold fruit and a cold towel mid way through the day.

At 4-6pm there is happy hour which is great as I get to have my favourite cocktail for cheaper than normal.

The minus side was the beach event held on Monday. As I'm a lone female traveller, one can feel a bit vulnerable and other guests are not always that welcoming. That said I have met some (4) beautiful people a couple - Joanna and her husband from London (my home town)and two Chinese ladies who chatted to me whilst I shipped my cocktail. They told me about he Monday night event and I ran over to my room showered, got all ready and came back. Only to be told I could not go as a single person as the deal (999 baht) was for two...I asked if I could pay half for one but was not allowed. Mortified I went over to reception to see if they're able to rectify this misunderstanding so that I could see the show. Unfortunately the deal was as is and I could not participate in the setmeal and thus missed out on the event.

The reception team who tried to assist me were some of the nicest best Front desk team I've ever met (and I travel alot).They offered me a meal in the normal restaurant at 600 bahts however as this wasn't as much a deal as the meal with a show I gracefully declined. I say gracefully but was actually in tears by this point as didn't know what to do, felt a little rejected and discriminated against for being alone and not being allowed to join the fun event.

I went to my room and received a call from the lovely reception team and their supervisor, she was extremely apologetic and caring. They are wonderful people however at that time I was too upset.

The next morning (today) at breakfast the assistant Manager attempted to discuss the issue at breakfast advising I could have had an a la carte menu on the beach, hmm... Nice try but that's still a level of discrimination as I wanted what everyone else was allowed to have.

Later during my breakfast the General Manager - Mike came to talk to me, he was very apologetic, understanding and on point.i cannot fault his style and recovery of the situation which was very much appreciated, thank you. He explained it was a new theme night and only second week and there were some teathing problems and feedback from other guests which the couple I met also confirmed as they didn't get their set meal, the act had finished so they ended up choosing off the general menu. That said I am fairly confident that Mike - General Manager will address all issues raised moving forward, its key that he ensures all his team are able to be more flexible and also understand and appreciate diversity.

I have been offered further assistance due to the concern.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Jacqui S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The price is worthy. all the staff were very helpful and polite especially lissa m. She help us with all our needs. The room was very big clean and comfortable.the shower is huge. Great for couples and family. Very good cocktails at the bar in very good prices. The pool is great. The view from the balcony is amazing. Very good breakfast. Lots of resturants around 10 min ride from chaweng and 2 min ride the fisherman's market witch is amazing on Fridays. We will come back for sure.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miripeled2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great hotel, comfortable, and private. The management was very nice and kindly. Thanks! Im recommended on this great place. Sure you’ll have a great time out there. Im sharing my good time here with my friends and family.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank doriperetz
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at Prana resort. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were spacious and so clean. The beds were the comfiest I’ve ever lead in!

A few minor faults - they charge ridiculous prices for the basic stuff such as water and Chang! If you pay enough money to stay in this place why should you get ripped off for water and beer - not cool! Also the service charge and VAT on top is not needed. Gym was good but full of kids - nobody monitoring who enters the gym.

15 mins taxi down to Chaweng Beach (Ark Bar) and they arranged us a lift to get back around 3am. Also shuttles to and from the pier which is only 3km away.

Overall - I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Koh Samui.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked 2 rooms at Prana resort. We got a 2 spacious connecting rooms with balcony overlooking the swimming pool. Rooms were clean, stylish and spacious. They served happy hour from 4-6pm by the pool (buy 1 get 1 off). The resort also has an infinity pool overlooking the beach. Upon arrival the staffs gave us welcoming drink and wet towel. Staffs were amazingly friendly and polite. Love love their Breakfast, a room filled with options to choose from and they make cappuccino and ice latte for you too, included in breakfast. So if you book a room there, definitely choose to include breakfast. Won’t be regretted!!. If we ever go back to Koh Samui, we would definitely stay at Prana resort again!!

Stayed: March 2018