All reviews the owner hostel roar guests island home house
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This accomodation its wonderful! A vert nice place! The owner is a funny and intersting man, and the guests are very nice.. i felt at home!! I meet two guys from Latvia, they are very nice and very friendly!
I come back soon! I love this place!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I found Justad hostel to be closest thing to home on my travels. I love the sunrise in the morning, you see the sun in the bay just above the mainland. There is a wonderful hike just 10 min away from here. You can always ask to borrow a rowing boat and catch some dinner. The people who visit are mostly 'veterans' so it is kinda funny to call this place a youth hostel:) but good humor is always around, just like Roar. This hostel is a perfect base if you are traveling in Lofoten!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We had good time there but too bad for the final day that leaves us a bitter memory. We used the row boats and we did not hand in the hooks immediately when we came back. We left them on the table outside as Roar, the owner, was away. As we did not give it in his hands he didn't give us back the deposit and he didn't even want to count if he had all the hooks in the warehouse. Too bad. Apart from this, the place is nice and affordable but be aware that differently from other hostels the bed linen and shower coins are not included.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrea A
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Stayed here in 1991. Yes, you read right - 1991 (not 2015). Roar was in charge back then and still looks like he is going strong. Greeted me with the words `not another bloody Aussie`. Could sound offensive, but I knew it was meant with fun intentions.

Thanks Roar.
-Bushman-

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank aussie_bushman
Reviewed 1 February 2016

Funny thing, if you look at the oicture taken from the second floor towards the dock, you can see where I lived years ago. White house on right side of the road, smaller of the two.
This hotel and its guests have always been charming and although I didn't stay there I met several people that did and spent time inside. You want to feel Norge as the Norsk do, this is the place!

Date of stay: April 2015