“Excellent restaurant, near to Klagenfurt. Very friendly staff, and tasty food.”
Review of Gasthof Singer

Gasthof Singer
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Maria Rain
Cuisines: Austrian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was going to Slovenia with my Family (wife and 2 sons), and we tried to search for a "traditional Austrian" Gasthof on the tripadvisor site. I think we found it. The food was very delicious and natural, and the amount was more than enough for us. They were very kind, the boys received Easter eggs and chocolate, and we received a small drink for free as well.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Traditional "by the road" restaurant, but with exceptional quality of food and service.
Everything is very tasty. Food is prepared on traditional way, from best quality groceries.
My son ordered Wiener schnitzel twice. And I always take recommendation from stuff. That's best choice!

Reviewed October 2, 2016

Entering “Gasthof Singer” was for us like having a flashback to the 1980s because in this restaurant the walls as well as the ceilings were covered with ornate wood, customary in that period. The restaurant was at that time furnished in rustic style of the most extreme form and has remained like that. The fairly dark wood had the downside of making this place quite somber, even on a sunny summer day like that of our visit.

About half a dozen dishes of the day were written at several chalkboards at the entrance. The standard menu consisted almost exclusively of classics of the regional, Austrian and international cuisines. It was dominated by dishes of grilled meat as well as of fried meat in breadcrumbs, while fish and filled pasta dishes were far less numerous. Though the menu was sufficiently comprehensive, it lacked creativity since we did not find any specialties a la maison.

Only a suspiciously short time had passed after our order when our meals were already served. One aspect of this speed soon became evident to us: The shape of the vegetables of one of our dishes clearly revealed that they originated from frozen food for restaurants. This does not mean that the food would have been bad. For instance, the meat was tender and of high quality. Actually, our dishes were fairly good, though neither special in any respect nor very nicely presented. Portions were of ordinary size and the prices also seemed pretty normal to us for a restaurant of this level. Finally, service was exceptionally welcoming and friendly.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

Honest restaurant with no thrill classic menu. Good service & friendly staff. Obviously good beer and some wines. Excellent Sacher torte. Huge parking. Went twice in two days...

Reviewed June 18, 2016

Several days ago I visited Gastohof Singer and I was very disappointed. The location is OK, with nice view to the Ferlacher Stausee. Also, the service was OK – young waitress was affable and fast. But – the cake I ordered was terrible – even it was very basic. That cake taint the whole visit – it was not fresh, and not tasty at all!
I don’t want to say to avoid this restaurant, but be careful what to order for eat!

1  Thank Toma B