“Beautiful beach and great lunch!”

Sandals Restaurant & Barefoot Bar
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Muri
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: Polynesian, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sandals Restaurant & Barefoot Bar at Pacific Resort Rarotonga prides itself on offering the best in international cuisine with a Polynesian Pacific Rim influence. Be relaxed with a casual beachfront cocktail at the Barefoot Bar, be tempted by succulent fresh seafood and international dishes at Sandals Restaurant, or be summoned by beating drums to an authentic Cook Island feast. Either way you will enjoy the gentle lagoon breezes with the sand between your toes right on Muri Beach.
Reviewed 12 February 2019

We came here for lunch and had a great time. The beach was really pretty, great food and friendly service! Would recommend!

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 22 January 2019 via mobile

Love love love this place is amazing from time we arrived to time we left , we ended up with beach front room instead of garden room wich I was so excited about it was so amazing even tho Reno are starting on the same rooms I didn’t think they need much doing to maybe just slight update , the food well what can I say except AMAZING Continental breakfast beautiful the night meals sensational not one fault and so much to eat helping size are massive my son and hubby shared most of time as so plentiful ,happy hour always great , the grounds are keepers beautiful ,the pool a little strong on the eyes but loved it I even jumped off the rock (big thing for me) as have lots injuries , the guys at beach hut always great super helpful ,glass bottom boat /snorkeling tour wow swimming with the bluefin travelly what an experience incredible ,the wait staff made us feel so welcome Bianca is so much fun always up for s laugh so beautiful .then there is the water OMG SPECAULAR the snorkeling there is amazing I was out each day mostly in my own felt so safe you get lost in all the marine life just watch the leather jackets the are protective of there nest and will attack you so just give them a little space.
Didn’t want to leave , will be def going back .
I normally go to Fiji each year and as much as I love Fiji I have to say Cook Islands are out of this world it doesn’t matter where you go everyone is so friendly never once did I feel nervous or scared to be out and about .
We did the turtle sea scooter safari def recommend it was a little bit daunting when they give you the de brief as you go fare way out and I am a very confident swimmer but as we started off I had all fears disappeared even tho you can’t see the bottom sometimes wow what an adventure all the staff are right there keeping everyone safe and wow they are amazing there free diving stunning to watch + the turtle just incredible loved every minute of it highly recommend #arikiadventures
Highly recommend pacific resort Rarotonga .
Night markets a must the food divine the Saturday market in tour were great to for all your trinkets , don’t forget to buy s salt water pearl there beautiful.
So hopefully this review has helped hope u like my photos to cheers

Reviewed 13 January 2019

Food and service was good, staff very helpful. Lovely setting spoilt by uncomfortable chairs. Best to book if want to be sure to get a table in the tent for dinner.

Reviewed 9 January 2019 via mobile

I went for a quick lunch today to the Sandals restaurant/bar on Muri beach. I was conpletely ignored for 10-15 minutes, the staff seemed to be too busy to notice new customers. The order was taken mechanically, no smile, nothing at all, almost as if I was disturbing them. I ordered a cocktail wich arrived after I finished my food, instead of first.
I will clearly not go there again and I would advice hotel non-residents (restaurant is part of Pacific Hotel) to avoid this place and head to neighbouring Sails instead, where the service is always great and food is as good as Sandals, if not better.

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

This was a fabulous experience that we did three times. The food and location were great. Service was good. Reservations were a challenge as we were never sure if they were properly recorded since the details were written on paper sheets and passed around.

Date of visit: December 2018