Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Free cancellation until 08/13/22
eDreams
Travelocity
Trip.com$121
All reviews beach resort villa angelina lovely beach mango pools activities dipolog paradise nature foods van jacuzzi land promo shoreline cliffside intercom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Terrible customer service and mismanaged the resort even the facilities are poor. Those employees need to be train as well. I would definitely not t and refer this to my friends and colleagues................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2022
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Dakak resort is one of the best places to visit in the Philippines if you want to relax and enjoy together with your family. The place is breathtaking with its natural views, blooming trees and picturesque beaches and pools. There are also restaurants inside the resort that offers variety of foods for the guests. The staffs are all accommoding and courteous. It is highly recommended to family and group travellers.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed June 23, 2022 via mobile

Oh boy, this could be a really nice resort only if they shut it down for a while and refurbish pretty much everything, its stuck in the 60's and its ran down, rooms are spacious and actually look nice but then you've got rock hard pillows, non existent wifi, extremely small tv glued on the wall with non working cable channels, would I go back? I probably would because Dakak beach is just so beautiful and there's not other option for lodging as it is a private beach but definitely is way overpriced as it is right now and I wouldn't mind paying more if it had a 5 star resort feel and services.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2022

DO NOT GO THERE. Paid for 2 rooms (1 premium deluxe and 1 pavilion for 4 days and 3nights) on 1st week of june.

I travelled with my family and my in-laws, by land for 8 hours. I told them it is a nice resort, do not bring any toiletries as they have good amenities. My family (my husband and I with our two kids - 17 and 12yo) came here from US for a vacation to stay with my husband's family. We were all excited. Lo and behold with the price we paid; we were greeted with such a dismay on everything.

ROOM- lack of functioning air conditioning system, my family were moved (FINALLY) to another room on their 2nd or 3rd day after several calls, no amenities for the pavilion, the premium deluxe has mediocre amenities for 2, I paid extra 2 pax and amenities still needed to be asked for the extra pax.

WI-FI- no Wi-Fi on pavilion

FOOD - free breakfast meals were set meal of "carenderia type setting” with choice of small portions of either bangus or corned beef with egg and rice. Charges for any extra. Drinks were 3 in one Coffee or water (on 2nd day there's no coffee and my husband had to get the hot water from another container waiting by their kitchen door. Only to be told by the service person that the water is "contaminated" with mosquito wrigglers(?). DISGUSTED. I already swallowed a sip, i told them to PLEASE remove the container from sight as someone else might mistakenly pour some on their cups too).

SERVICE- unless you complain you will not know that on the 3rd day you can sit in the bamboo restaurant and have a different choice of your set breakfast meal. I cannot totally blame everything on the staff as they are just following instructions from the resort management. Also, they do not do room service in pavilion. For 12 pax after 2 days you could imagine how disgusting it is. I must release the “Karen” in me to at least get what is needed for my family. SIGH.

I do wish to thank 2 employees there who have been helpful to some extent, the bamboo restaurant supervisor and staff named jerome. They listened and helped us on our 3rd and 4th day. Thank You. I do understand the issue was never fully on the staff but the overall management both on the facility and instructions that the service people received.

OVERALL, EVERYTHING IS MEDIOCRE. NOT A FANCY RESORT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Room tip: I do not recommend the place. There are other beautiful and well serviced resorts to go to using your hard earned money.
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed May 7, 2022 via mobile

Let me explain why my two star is actually pretty generous. At one time in its former glory, this result appears nicely laid out and in a nice location. With that said DEFERRED MAINTENANCE problems EVERYWHERE. Lazy and creepy employees interested primarily in hiding in a dark corner using their phones, smoking, and COMPLETELY annoyed to even see a customer.

Check in SHOULD be a time to make a great first impression? No. Tied, drunk or just lazy…. Scratching their bottom while walking over for the hassle of a check in. No smile. No welcome drink. Just a look of faux civility.

Housekeeping is lazy, cob-webs in the bungalow, dirty, stained towels and haphazard. Forget daily maid service. If you ask for it, they simply bring a towel and toilet paper then simply walk away.

The rest of the staff….. just as bad. Sure, a couple of fully awake and helpful staff….. maybe two in total. Not worth mentioning. The rest, lazy and half asleep even at mid-day. Uncut grass, pool full of leaves and broken tile, pool drain cover broken just ready to catch a little foot to drown a child, roof sagging and rotten, exposed electrical wiring ready to kill, tiles cracked and missing, concrete walks crumbing, dirty, black liquid with either grease or sewage percolating up in a stinking mess.

They have an Italian restaurant, and the food is palatable. Forget about getting an accurate order though. Plus the entire kitchen staff smokes and eats while cooking…. In plain view. What?!?! One good waiter, but the rest are worthless. Who wants to eat with the chef and his staff smoking, eating while cooking? Not me.

The bamboo restaurant sucks. Buffer isn’t worthy for a dog. One day no jelly, next day no bacon, next day some other bs.

The Dive Shop is actually ok, they have a couple jet skis and although half asleep, they didn’t seem too annoyed at having a customer. Fairly good experience. The younger dude helping was terrific, while the boss and some overweight lady waddling around in a foul mood complaining was fairly miserable and intolerable.

The zip line is great! But… the safety boss is HONESTLY busy drunk and actively drinking San Miguel with his buddy while checking our equipment. Hilarious but dangerous. Unbelievable! The rest of the staff up there, pretty nice, and good at their job. But why is the safety boss drunk and drinking? No idea.

This place is a nightmare. However, an investment group with good management and TONS OF PESOS could still rescue this former beauty. Stay away. Go to Coco Grove on Siquijor for a really great resort experience.

Date of stay: May 2022