“Our Stay at the Travel Bee Heritage Inn”

Travelbee Heritage Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Dapitan City B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 4, 2016

During the Christmas Holidays, we decided to visit two attractions in the Dapitan City area. Since this would require an overnight stay, I tried to look for a reasonable priced room for 9-people (2-families and the driver of the van that we rented). I got less than what I bargained for. NOTE: I have been living here in the Philippines for several years and, 99% of the hotels that we have stayed in, have been quite nice.

First, I tried to contact the Travelbee Heritage Inn via email and eventually, someone responded back to me, as I had a couple of questions about what the were offering. One room showed multiple beds and was cheaper than the room that had a single bed). It seemed to me that someone when designing their website, had erroneously flip-flopped the prices for each of these rooms. After not getting a correct response and, going back and forth with no response for 24-hours, my daughter-in-law finally contacted the hotel to set up the rooms and get the correct price.

First, we found the exterior of the hotel to be quite pleasant and, it was located on the corner of a quiet residential street. Upon entering the hotel, the dining room and reservation counter were located in the same room. No problem with that either as this is what was depicted on their website. The people were courteous and everything was nice and clean.

However,when it was time to go up to our rooms, there was no elevator. When you are Senior Citizens like my wife and I, it's not easy walking up and down several flights of stairs. The room that we got had two doors that exited off the hallway. One of the doors had a large piece of wood bolted to the doorframe to keep anyone from trying to enter into "our side of the room where our bed was located". The other door entered into a room with two chairs and a Full Size Bed and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. The wall was 3/4s in length and on the other side of the wall (where the "other entrance door that had the wood bolted to the door frame" was located) was our bed. The beds (on both sides of the divider, only came with a single pillow for each side of the bed. No bedspreads either, just sheets. Each of the rooms were air-conditioned and both of the rooms had separate bathrooms, meaning that this setup was actually two separate rooms at one time. We also had a Wall Mounted Flat Screen TV mounted on our side of the wall. However, there was only 1-remote control for the TV that was mounted on the wall where our daughter slept. Seems that the remote control didn't work with our TV, so, it's unsure why they would have two Flat Screen TVs mounted opposite each other on the same wall with only 1-remote. We inquired about a bedspread or a blanket as the a/c made the room quite cool and was unreachable. Sorry, none available. We then asked if we could get two pillows (4) for our bed and an additional pillow for our daughter's bed. Sorry, none available. The rooms were bare and had single light bulbs mounted in the ceiling. The other two rooms where my son, daughter-in-law and two grand-daughters stayed, as well as the third room where my other son and the driver stayed was comfortable for them.

We were informed upon check-in, that they offer a free continental breakfast. However, when we went down to the dining room the next morning, they only served coffee and toast (2-slices) with no butter or jam. To me, that's not a Continental Breakfast, as we had had Free Continental Breakfasts at other hotels and they offer much more. So, to get anything other than these two items required you to order eggs, ham (Spam) or whatever. Then we had to wait 40-minutes just to get the items and, there wasn't anyone else in their dining room either other than one other gentleman.

Needless to say, we won't be staying at the Travelbee Heritage Inn again.

Room Tip: Located on a quiet street.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family

Reviewed February 4, 2016

I love the place and price. It is clean and they serve breakfast at reasonable cost.
I would give 5 star if internet connection was okay since during our visit it was out and we did not have water in the morning but the crew assisted us by giving us water in bucket :). Other than that, everything is good. They also have a piano for me that's a bonus!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a night, very clean and affordable. A twin bedroom complete with cable tv, hot&cold shower, air-conditioned for very cheap price. They also offer bike for rent for you to use to tour around Dapitan City which only cost 50php for 8hrs provided with a suggested bike route around the City. I highly recommend this for those who we're planning to visit Dapitan City.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Very clean for Philippines Province hotel. I paid approx. 45 dollars for 3 rooms! Rooms were small, but pretty clean, and everything worked except the on the wall hot water in one of the three rooms, so the local family used that shower as they don't like hot water, so no biggie.

Theres about 25 or so rooms over I think it was four floors. They have a very cozy meeting room and roofed over patio area on the second floor and a small eating area in the lobby where they sell filipino foods cooked in the kitchen. Theres not much within' walking distance except Sari Sari, so eat before you get there if you don't like native food.

I had several conversations with the staff who were mostly young adults and they were very very polite and helpful. The house next door its obviously part of the hotel, and when I passed by exploring I said hello to someone on the carport and they invited me in. I didn't go as I was out to buy snacks for everyone but what hospitality! The owner's sister or brother and spouse lived in the house. Apparently Travel Bee has locations near Cebu as well and the owners reside there.

Room Tip: Top floor, looked like staff stays there. Its not a busy property at least in Oct. Was quiet on seco...
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RickRoy
Reviewed June 21, 2015

For Php 600/night, you get awesome accomodation (good ac room, hot and cold shower, spacious room, free coffee and bread in the morning, cable tv, free wifi though doesnt work on 3rd floor rooms, airport pickup). They have good food as well. They have spacious balcony and dining area. Wish they had bidet though. Very clean room and new towels.

Room Tip: You may opt to get 1st or 2nd floor to get a good wifi signal.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
11.2 km away
Hotel Camila 2
Hotel Camila 2
#4 of 21 in Dipolog

Been to Travelbee Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!