“Friendliest place in Derbyshire! ”

The Barley Mow Bonsall
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Bonsall
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We were staying in a cottage nearby and stopped in for dinner on the first night. The food was great and they even did our toddler a plate of nibbles which she devoured. The burger was massive. It was so good we went for the second night as well. Then sadly went home.
Great place, friendly staff, friendly locals. Felt very welcome.
Highly recommended.

Colette Elizabe... D, Owner at The Barley Mow Bonsall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hello there! Firstly, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review! Welove our pub and are chuffed you liked it too! The thing is... this isn't our pub Tripadvisor page.... someone else set this one up! I am sure they thought they were helping etc, but I have only discovered this recently!! I asked Tripadvisor if they could combine the two pages...but alas they cannot.

The only option is to shut the page down.... It would be a shame to lose all these great reviews on this page though... can I be as bold as to ask you to please please please re-post this onto the main page? Our main page comes under "Restaurants"..BARLEY MOW BONSALL and has the orange symbol with knife and fork... I know its clearly not a restaurant, but when we first started with Tripadvisor, there was no segmentation for pubs etc.

Your reviews are so very important to the popularity of the pub. As you know, we are a tiny free house, up a lane in deepest darkest Derbyshire... and you lovely people have quite literally put us on the map! It would be disingenuous to appear to reply to you all independently, whilst there is very good chance I would remember if you came back to see us...I cannot remember you as easy from your Tripadvisor profile! Henceforth, this is a copy and paste job, for all the reviews on this page... but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate your goodwill and support. With love. Colette and Mick x

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"character"
"chips"

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

This pub has such a lovely atmosphere. The food is excellent with something for everyone and the range of ales, ciders etc is very good.

Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Such a lovely characterful building in beautiful surroundings, and the interior matches the old world vibe, with interesting knick knacks and friendly staff and a warm friendly atmosphere.
If you like a real old English pub, this is right up your street.

1  Thank Lindsey I

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Walked to this pub on Saturday 2nd July 2016. 40 people catered for with good food and a warm welcome. Would recommend it every time. Thanks to Collette and Mick.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Very friendly welcome in this tiny pub. Food was excellent pub food, home made and well presented. Great range of local beers and ciders.
Can't fault how we were treated and made to feel we were one of the locals.

Colette Elizabe... D, Owner at The Barley Mow Bonsall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018