Book now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$56
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Big Dreams Resort(Ko Kut)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/25
US$1,775
US$217
US$210
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeautiful beachkoh koodprivate poolmain buildingbeach frontan ocean view roomthe entire hotelthai foodespresso coffee machinesmall kitchenbeach barwater pressurefriendly resortwelcome drinkthe hotel offersbest featurespeak good english
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Room, facilities and the beach are nice. Food is quite tasty with reasonal price. The supervisor staff @ bombyx bar named K.Phu is super friendly and helpful. He recommended me the running track from the resort to Aow Yai that was amazing.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Nice staff and the place itself is amazing, but the place is a bit worn and would need some renovating here and there.
Water was remarkably expensive, food on the expensive side, yet very, very good.
We stayed one night in a room with jacuzzi, then moved on according our plan. The view from the room was amazing.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

+ nice poolvilla with free minibar.
+ we got upgraded from tropical villa to pool villa, which we appreciated.
+ beautiful beach but unfortunately there is alot of garbage on the beach next to the hotel. Even though that beach ”does not belong to the hotel” this is where many guests go for a swim in the ocean.
+ we are returining guests and the place felt fresher and has had a facelift since the last time (1,5 years ago)
+ the super cute and polite gardener lady with her friend the cat. Her smile could light up any cloudy day! :)

- The receptionists, perhaps one of five could speak any english beyond ”yes, no, we do not have”. The service level of being polite or even smile felt like it was a huge effort for them.
- The restaurant - the food is edible but there is an enormous potential for improvement. (Learn from Shantaa resort restaurant). The prices are, at the moment, far too high for what you get in the restaurant.
- The Breakfast is (still) horrible. Instant coffee in pot, only one tea (lipton). Not many options over all and the only bread in sight tasted like carboard. Not anything to put on the bread exept butter and jam. In short, it is a disaster for a resort claiming to be a luxury destination.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

What I can't understand is people see this hotel isn't up to standard of cleanliness or the 5 star its stated as but will just accept what's given to them? Because its `further out on the mainland` or make an excuse its a small island, and rate this hotel good. This hotel is revolting, the dirtiest hotel I've stayed in. There is no excuse for this, the place is nothing like the photos online. The villa suites most definitely aren't. Yes the place is crawling with lizards, but this I didn't mind, the reception staff are very friendly and greeted us well. The hotel room was filthy, like it wasn't cleaned from the previous people who stayed except for the bed being made. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy anyone who knows luxury or has any kind of standards wont be impressed staying here, but if free complimentary cocktails satisfy your stay and make you block out the dirt go for it.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

When we arrived to the island the hotel arranged hotel transportation. Arriving at the hotel, the staff are so welcoming Jeaw was so nice and accommodating, they took our bags and presented us with herbal tea and hot face cloths. But everything went downhill from there.

Walking to our hotel the grounds are kept well, and passing by some rooms they surround with high trees keeping the privacy to a minimum. Which is always good to see. The receptionist showed us our room, it was nothing like the luxurious photos online after paying out mad money per night, I felt I was being mugged off. The bedsheets were stained, no bathroom amenities, few ants around the bathroom sink, crawling on the sink towel and lots on the floor too. (I know the area is surrounded with trees, branches and that might attract ants / lizards but at least not in the room) long black hair found on the ground.
2 English channels available on tv. Remote needed new batteries. Wifi wasn't the best and kept shutting off. The private pool area was really dirty, even on a really hot day you'd think twice before jumping in. I wasn't happy with the room. The quality was extremely poor. This hotel claims its a 5 star but it really isn't. 3 star maybe. You don't have to be 'uptight, snobby or high maintenance' to know right from wrong. What's clean and dirty. This place was really dirty, I walked back up to reception and asked Jeaw was any other rooms available, she tried her best to do everything she could, but no other rooms were available. And asked me what the problem was, when I explained about the cleanliness of the room and ants she said 'there was no way ants could be'. She rang for a cleaner to come down. But after my room was re-cleaned? I decided to go on to TripAdvisor and read the reviews. Other people had lots of problems so I'm glad I wasn't the only one, I thought maybe I was being over the top or i'm the only one who ever complained. (That wasn't the case) And unfortunately it was to late reading the reviews when I was at the hotel, it was a huge mistake to book. Hotel pictures must have been taken when the hotel was first opened. So just be aware.

I can only say or imagine the good reviews been given to this place are people who are deprived of a normal living standard or have very poor judgement and will just learn to settle. Or paid out penny's for a night. When you pay big, for what supposedly is the best, you kinda want the best. Place needs a revamp. And staff who will take care of the property.

There was a block of what looked like apartments on the property. Average, standard maybe the good reviews come from that building but the "luxury" villas and suites I would in fact avoid.
Don't waste your money. Or time. People think because there isn't many resorts on the island they have reduce themselves by staying here. Definitely do some research before booking a hotel. I would not recommend.

Staff 10/10