“A flight of amazement!”
Review of Gravity Canyon

Gravity Canyon
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Taihape
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can experience the most extreme flying fox (Zip Line) in New Zealand. Imagine being launched from a canyon ledge 175m above the Rangitikei River before racing down a 1km long zip line at speeds of up to 160kph! This amazing adventure activity quite literally takes your breath away!
Reviewed May 2, 2016

It's superman without out the cape. It's the most amazing feeling flying down the river at speed. The closest thing to flying without an engine and wings. I did this with my girl friend, and honestly we were both very apprehensive. When you get to the top and look down a shear cliff face to the river below, the heart really starts to pound. We did it, both screaming at the top of our lungs. I'll never forget it, it terrified us both, but loved every second. The staff were really nice and made you feel safe. I'd do it again, mind you I don't think you'd ever get used to that initial dread at the start. The country side around is just gorgeous, it's Lord of the Rings where ever we looked. Do it!!! It's one of those one in a life time experiences.

There are newer reviews for Gravity Canyon

Reviewed January 12, 2016

Short well sign posted 15 min drive from the main highway approaching Taihape. A lovely clean,well maintained business with options for bungy jumping, canyon swing and flying fox. The cafe could look at having some home baking to accompany the coffee,but the cold drinks and toasted sandwiches hit the spot. The staff are great and very friendly and the viewing
platform and decked area offer great views of the rides and the canyon. My hubby and son rode the flying fox together and loved it! The walk up the hill to the top platform tested my hubby's fitness,but he said it was well worth it, Be prepared to pay for your own Go Pro recording which is the same price as the photos/video footage they can do for you. A great excursion! Great place! Well done team!

Reviewed January 12, 2016

Our adult kids loved this canyon ride. Thrill seekers will love it! Well run and explained to us. Fantastic walk to the top of the ride.

Reviewed January 5, 2016

This is a great place to bung, take the giant swing or the long and fast zip-line. Beautiful location, amazing scenery and good facilities.

Reviewed December 22, 2015

Wow , what an experience ! This is one place you must visit if you are visiting North Island. My wife and I (60 and 58 years young) experience The Flying Fox and what an experience it was. The staff were super , the venue amazing and the thrill unprintable. Definitely the place to go for the ultimate adrenalin rush.

1  Thank John B