“Great fun” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gravity Canyon

Gravity Canyon
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Taihape
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can experience the most extreme flying fox (Zip Line) in New Zealand. Imagine being launched from a canyon ledge 175m above the Rangitikei River before racing down a 1km long zip line at speeds of up to 160kph! This amazing adventure activity quite literally takes your breath away!
Ireland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2015

Had great fun here. Did the Flying Fox, frightened the life out of us but was really fun. Didn't attempt bungy or swing chair. As it was winter we couldn't do too much but was well worth a visit

Visited July 2015

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staff need more training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2015

Me and my mum went here we did not think the staff was helpful at all , we were not told that we had to walk to the top ( bearing in mind my mum has bad asthma ) just got some sarcastic comment from staff " how eles do you think you would get up here " which was not the point . the path was not good and was not told we would need better shoes ( especially for the walk down ) and the staff drove up the track on a quad bike with out warning and covered us in dust with big smiles on their faces which did not make breathing any better and could be pertinently dangerous . The flying fox was good but staff need to be better

Visited February 2015
1 Thank Richie DA M
Manchester, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No bungy friday/saturday!?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2015

We stopped here by pure chance after a local at our Hostel suggested a quick stopover on our way down to Wellington. There's not a lot there other than the gorge and activities so if you're not planning on doing anything I wouldn't recommend the side trip (the gorge is very nice but a significant way off the highway). Having the highest bungy jump in the North island I was quite excited and loved the only other bungy I'd done before so was keen to do another but turns out it's closed on friday and saturday! So instead I did the swing which was the same free fall as the bungy but, in my opinion, lacked the same thrill. It was still good but the one thing I came away thinking is that a swing just isn't as good as leaping off a bridge into a head first free fall. Will have to save myself for a trip to the south island to do the serious stuff!

Visited January 2015
Seattle, Washington
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Its your chance to fly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2015

Tried the Flying Fox because it looked like so much fun and people were screaming on the way down! Absolutely loved it. This was one of the highlights of my New Zealand trip. Sure, it was nuts, but this is the land of extreme sports so I had to give it a try. The scariest part of the whole experience was facing the long climb up. I thought that would kill me before I could reach my destination. But once there, the thrill takes over and you are ready to go. The views from the top are spectacular. You can fly down solo, in doubles, or even in threes. The staff were great and encouraging too! I could have zipped down the canyon all day.

Visited January 2015
1 Thank a h
Dallas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent thrills!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2015

My friend and I were there in December 2014 and were able to do the Zip Line & Gravity Swing. We definitely did them in the right order (zip, then swing) and they were a lot of fun! I think our stomachs are still left up at the bridge. My friend had never done either type of activity and these were perfect! The team at Gravity Canyon was courteous, helpful, knowledgeable and very serious about safety. We had a great time!

Visited December 2014