“Awesome views”
Review of Gravity Canyon

Gravity Canyon
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Taihape
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can experience the most extreme flying fox (Zip Line) in New Zealand. Imagine being launched from a canyon ledge 175m above the Rangitikei River before racing down a 1km long zip line at speeds of up to 160kph! This amazing adventure activity quite literally takes your breath away!
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We arrived late - and didn't get to see any daring persons on the flying thing but could imagine it as the gorge is gorgeous, narrow, deep and cold.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Very qual'd staff with a wicked sense of humour. If you want to get freaked out, come here! Orsum even just for the views & watching the others get their pants filled.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Greg Fraser, Smithton, Tasmania, Aust.
We arrived at this attraction later than the normal closing time and the staff having been pre warned we were enroute waited for us, we only experienced the flying fox ride, what a thrill !!!! but if the attention and friendliness shown us by the staff is any indication the bungie and swing would also have been awesome, if only we had more time and were game. My compliments to the staff we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable, A MUST SEE

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I somehow got convinced to ride the flying fox that travels through the canyon at 160klm whilst lying down in a sling and harness. That part was fantastic and if once I had done that I could have just hopped off the ride I would have been happy. What they don't tell you in the brochure is that you have to scale the mountain to get up to the take off point above the bridge (you will need to be quite fit for this bit) and then once you have travelled on the flying fox they need to pull you up backwards, slowly, to get off. That was frightening and my dvd records that clearly. If you are going to do it - get the dvd as it is worth every cent. It was great fun and I am glad that I did it as I usually do not like heights at all. The staff were great and really helpful. Give it a go!

1  Thank ersser