“The best ride ever!!!!”
Review of Lazy H Horse Treks

Lazy H Horse Treks
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Lazy H was definitely the best place to go! The ride was pretty awesome! Lovely guides and owner who told me much about the amazing few and about a native pepper tree! They really love and care for there horses. They are all in good condition and healty, which was very important for me and a reason to chose this place! No saddle sore or any other injuries.
The view was so impressive i´ll never forget this wonderful time i had at the Lazy H.
Thank u so much im sure i´ll be back one day!!!!

1  Thank Natascha H

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This place is absolutely amazing! beautiful sceneries, well behaved and caring horses, plus friendly and lovely owners, a must do and see if you are in North Island!
We've done the overnight ride too, and wow this was breathe taking!! The view from the accomodation is so beautiful, especially at sunset, and the accomodation itself reminded me of the old western movies... horses set free outside the hut, cooking traditionnal food on an old wood oven, telling stories by the candle light and sleeping with the singing of crickets :) an amazing experience that took me right back to another era where humans were living in total harmony with their environments... Thank you Lazy H, Sarah and Gordi for this never-to-forget adventure!

1  Thank Nanie6752
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My friend and I booked the overnight ride. When we arrived everything was ready, the people were very welcoming and friendly. They gave us our helmets and oilskins and they drove us to the starting point of the trek. The horses were ready, the guides put the rest of the gear on and helped us onto our horses. My horses name was Jackson and my friends horse was Cherokkee. Our guides were two older cowboys and and a young girl. They were all very funny and friendly and told us a lot about the landscape. We coud see mt ruapehu and mt. tongariro and we saw some wild ponys. The ride up to the hut was nice and easy. When we came around one corner we saw this cute little a-frame hut. The guides took all the gear of the horses and washed them down. The hut had two levels, my friend and I slept upstairs. We had a nice afternoon talking to our guides and watching the horses. The two cowboys showed us how to throw a lasso...a lot of fun. Then they told us that their horses were trained with natrual horsemanship and I was interessed so they showed me some stuff. I got my horse Jackson to follow me around like a dog...so cute and amazing.
The hut was very simple but ok, the toilet was a little outhouse. But it made the experience complete. We had a venison steak and potato salad for dinner with some mushrooms. At night you could see so many stars, it was awesome.
The next morning after a nice breakfast we caught our horses and our guides made them ready and put all the gear back on. On the ride back we saw more wild ponys and after 1,5 h we were back at the starting point. We were brought back to our car and were happy to have had that experience.
It was my best ride and I learned more about horses. I will definitly come back one day and can recommend this horse trekking place to everybody...

3  Thank eowyn999
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I felt at ease riding at Lazy H horse treks because the guides were very concerned about their customer's safety. The owners are helpful and very, very nice people :D And that reflected in their horses too! Such well behaved horses! Plus, the views during the ride were spectacular!

3  Thank yltyeo