“Great service”

Price range: US$13 - US$40
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were met immediately by our waitress Sam and sat within a matter of my minutes my partner changed her mind a couple of times on her drink and meal and this seemed no problem at all, we were infact given recommendations which really made it a personal experience. The food was good but the service made it, it was prompt, friendly and personable at no point did we feel rushed or unable to ask questions we were very much made to feel at home. Loved the personal touch on the bill

2  Thank Charles M
Adrian P, Owner at Gallacher's Smokehouse Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.
Our front of house team are award winning and rightly so.
Sam is a star! She's also blushing now. :)
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited this restaurant with my boyfriend and we were instantly welcomed and shown to our table. We both had burgers (mine being the bacon and cheese) and a side of the sausages. Food was really great and the waiting time was good.
My only criticism was that it was absolutely freezing in the restaurant! We were sat near the window and I'm guessing that area has no heating as there were small electric heaters dotted around so I did have to sit with my scarf wrapped around me.

1  Thank Sophie W

Hi Sophie.

Thank you for the lovely review. I'm so sorry that you were chilly.
Our restaurant is normally very warm.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed the food and service.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This place was great! Lovely friendly staff. Delicious food. A bar to sit at and have a drink before dinner. Plenty of veggie options. The only reason I marked this down was because the chips tasted as though they had been double cooked a little greasy and sickly for my liking. Some fresh chunky chips and this place will be perfect!!

1  Thank doshi07

Hello and thank you for your great review.
Our fries are hand cut and triple cooked. Sorry they are not to your taste.
Glad you liked everything else though.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We were greeted immediately and made to feel welcome.
The owner gave us both the impression that as customers we were important, it was nice to be treated almost like VIPS!

The cocktails were excellent, but the food was just awesome.... I had a Steak and it was cooked exactly as i wanted, my wife had a vegetable wellington and the owner was worried that it was a little dry but it was perfect.
It was very nice to see at least 4 main vegetarian meals on the menu!

I asked to try a sample of the pulled pork and they very kindly brought me some out to try and wow it was really good.

The all round experience was great, a nice atmosphere and friendly attentive staff.

Adrian P, Owner at Gallacher's Smokehouse Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you Mike.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your first visit to Gallacher's.
All of our guests are VIP's as far as we are concerned, without you we don't have a business!.
Please come back for more!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We booked a table and when we got there the table wasn’t booked but the girls and the manager were lovely and said it’s fine and got us a table straight away, the lady that served us was new but she was really sweet. When we ordered she told us some of the choices we had made were really nice and that she loved them as well. Thumbs up right there! If the staff were previous customers and are now working there can’t be a bad thing.
The meal was really nice and the black cherry cream soda was so good.
We overheard another customer ask for a vegan menu and they had so much food for a vegan even though it’s a meat restaurant.
Defo would go back! It’s like bodeans but cheaper and easier to get too :-)

Thank you Jodie.

Your waitress is indeed a previous customer who wanted to work for us.
We try to provide an experience that people enjoy both in the quality of our food and the service that we provide.
Looks like we ticked both boxes on your visit.
Please come back and see us again.

Adrian Gallacher