“Lovely food and thoughtful service”
Review of The Red House

The Red House
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lilleshall
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Red House pairs unparalleled service and focus on quality within a intimate ambience, delivering a truly memorable dining experience. You can enjoy sumptuous cuisine in a uniquely modern environment receiving friendly and attentive service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second visit to The Red House. On both occasions the food has been excellent. We were very impressed with the service we were given and their covid safeguarding practices as I was anxious about having food inside which was the only option due to staffing that day. It was a Monday lunch time and they allocated us a table away from others. Ali who served us was so thoughtful and professional, he made me feel relaxed and I was able to enjoy the meal.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (492)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the Red House for my husband's birthday. We enjoyed an excellent Sunday roast which was beautifully presented and very tasty. The service was impeccable and we will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was fantastic and the staff very friendly and helpful. We were given 2 free glasses of wine for our anniversary which was really nice. Every food course we ordered was cooked to perfection and delicious. Would recommend to anyone .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had booked a table last week Thursday for my 21st birthday, there were 11 guests for 7.30pm. We were seated and drinks were brought at the bar. It took till nearly 9pm to get the food which at this point I wasn’t really hungry. With tables over a certain amount of guests there is a fixed menu with not much option, the steak burger was very dry and everyone that ordered (roughly about 4/5) left the burger altogether. It was quite expensive as a whole table and was a bit annoyed with the wait and the service on this day but would definitely return with a smaller group as I’ve been numerous times with my partner before and enjoyed everything, we recommend to a lot of people but not that ideal for parties.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lighting is a little dark for us but that’s just a personal experience I did say a few years ago but I think if you open the ex wacky warehouse open for functions you will hire this out regularly to large groups like Rotary, masons etc. Since the Royal Victoria closed, Newport has missed this facility