Sauble Beach Lodge
US$66
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina(Sauble Beach)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$95
Agoda.com
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge(Wiarton)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$66
Waterview on The Bay(Wiarton)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfamily suitediving boardstaff was friendly and accommodatingheated poolgreat place to stayclean roomsshort walk to the main streetsmall fridge and microwavefantastic locationbit datedcable tvjaskidssummerbeachsaublesauna
Reviewed August 6, 2015

From the outset, we had issues with this hotel....we called in early July to book for a weekend stay about 4 weeks out. A couple of hours later that same night, our plans changed due to friends not able to make it that weekend.....so we realized that our timing for the proposed weekend wasn't going to work and we needed to cancel the reservation we just made a mere few hours ago. That is where we realized what kind of people we're dealing with at this hotel. The woman, who claims she wasn't the owner (but who is) said we can't cancel our reservation.... Really, we didn't sign anything ???? And there was no discussion upfront about the Sauble Beach Lodge cancellation policy when we first called. Then after what seemed to be a long discussion, she said all of a sudden, ok we can cancel it, but it was a $25 administration fee. Fee for what ? we didn't even receive an email confirmation from the Sauble Beach Lodge, or in fact any confirmation or any paperwork at all.....She then told us it was late and to call back the next day. So of course we did and she said that the charge was already sent to the credit card company. Crazy right, anyway we called the credit cared company and they put what they call a watchguard on any transaction from Sauble Beach Lodge and they assured us they will reverse the fraudulent charge.

Ok, so we have never actually stayed here, but look, just going through this booking and cancellation process with them was so exhausting. Our experience dealing with the owner was enough to send us running for the exits, literally. ...My recommendation would be to get a copy of their cancellation policy in writing, before booking...so that they cannot make one up on the fly, as it appears this is what we experienced.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Brawnetml
Reviewed August 6, 2015

My family and I have been very fond of Sable Beach, so we tend to visit at least twice a year. We live in Toronto, so it's always amazing getting out of the city for a bit with the kids. So I can honestly say that staying at this lodge for the first time was an amazing idea. Since then we have always come to the same place. We always rent the big family room and have now rented a few cottages as well. The owners are amazing and are great with my family. They have actually become like family now. My kids love playing soccer and volleyball on there fields. Also going to the pool they have at the lodge. It is also very close to the beach which is a big bonus. This lodge is great for all families and allows anyone to have a great time. This lodge has allowed my family to have great vacations and enabled us to form a closer bond. My whole family loves this place and I couldn't see myself going a year without staying at the Sable Beach Lodge. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2015

Location of lodge is excellent. Just a small walk to the beach. There a heated pool and barbecues setup within the facility to keep everyone interested. Free parking. The owners are welcoming and cooperative.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anup M
Reviewed July 26, 2015

We stayed in room 2 above the office, great view, you can see the lake and sunset it's beautiful. the grounds and pool are well maintained and the owners are extremely friendly and very accommodating. we were told out rooms AC was stuck on low, but that if it was an issue we could be switched, although it did get hot at night the room was comfortable and we didn't feel the need to switch. There was a mini fridge in the room, a microwave downstairs, the room also had a flatscreen tv with decent channels and the free wifi works really well. The pool is great and clean, Firepits and BBQ's are located on the grounds. If you pay cash you save 5% which is nice. It was nice and quiet the entire stay (wednesday-saturday). I suggest going to the owen sound drive-in (25 minutes) and seeing Sauble falls while you're in Sauble. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting sauble and I would choose this hotel if I go back in the future. The walk to the beach is only 3 minutes.

Room Tip: rooms above office have views.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2015 via mobile

This was our second year coming to Sauble Lodge. We rented a cabin and our friends had the other side of it with a pass thru door. The cabins had two double beds, a pull out couch, mini fridge and a very roomy bathroom which I was not expecting! It was a full size bathroom that had been recently renovated. Behind it was a heated pool with diving board and slide that my 3 children enjoyed! I highly recommend the sauble lodge! 2 min walk to the beach and a 10 min walk to the main strip. The owners are very friendly, answer any questions and concerns and vdry accommodating! We will be back next year with our family & friends!
Thank you!