“Good food with flair”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place ticks all the boxes...location,ambiance, great cooking and value.
With the emphasis on local produce, the €25 formula menu chosen by three of our party of six embraced an industrial size faux fillet, roast pigeon,sweetbreads,scallops and hake.
With a bottle of excellent 'mountain wine' (th otherwise unidentified) the bill including coffee and a couple of beers came to €187
Service on the very attractive terrace was efficient and unintrusive with helpful English speaking staff.
More than worth a diversion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a regular visitor to the restaurant, I am never disappointed by the exquisite cuisine it offers. Whether I choose the Merlu, faux fillet or scallops accompanied by delicious vegetables, all dishes are finely prepared and delicately presented. Mouth-watering and very tasty deserts too! I can also vouch for the choice of Gateaux Basques with cream or cherries, genuinely Pariés!I I highly recommend the place for a wonderful culinary experience ... and a little pampering by its friendly staff! Until my next visit...

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Beautifully presented fresh food cooked superbly - a modern style as opposed to traditional farmhouse style,

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We spent two days staying in Ascain recently and had dinner here on the first night. We got n at 20:00 and were a little put off by the fact we were the only people there. We needn't have worried! ay 20:30 the room had filled up and we had one of the best meals we have had in France - and that is quite a high bar! I had the filet de Boeuf, cooked rare, and it was excellent - possibly the best beef I've ever tasted - tender and flavoursome and cooked superbly. My wife had the cod and it was just as good. Afterwards we had the cheese board, all local cheeses and all lovely.
The restaurant offers a small selection - the night we were there there were four main courses - but each is really good. Normally we wouldn't go back to a restarurant a second night as we like to try different places, but this was so good we went back the following night!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been a family restaurant for several generations and was recently taken over by 4 friends who are embarking on this new adventure as a team. Alex and Sandrine welcome guests with a bright smile and the food is simple yet extremely tasty and nicely presented. We had a lovely evening and I do recommend this place. Best of luck to this young quartet