“Excellent”
Review of A la Turka

A la Turka
Reserve with OpenTable
A la Turka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went here last night and food was lovely we had a groupon deal for 2 courses and was excellent value will be going back soon

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I've been a number of times on birthdays and think I must be missing a trick as it's so lovely inside but it's always a disappointment. Mixed starter - everything on it was far too salty. A whole plate of food was left. Then halloumi kebab. It was fine but I could have made it myself at home in 10. Boiled rice, bit of salad and grilled veg and the cheese. The salmon which my friend had looked the same, really bland. On another occasion I shared a kebab which had frozen baby vegetables under it!? Just a bit weird.
Service is great, decor beautiful but food is sadly a massive miss.

2  Thank annemanchester
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Restaurant now occupies a much larger area than previous restaurant but has lost some of its atmosphere in doing so
Staff are a joy, friendly, courteous and happy to help in anyway they can
Food is now bordering on the expensive side with most main costing around £15 and starters such as tzatziki and hummus are around £4-5 are a small pot full with a couple of slices of pitta
My main complaint about this restaurant is the fact that they will insist on putting broccoli and carrots with almost every dish!!! .... why???

Reviewed 18 March 2018

First visit, found the staff very friendly , very nice resteraunt well presented front of house, unfortunately 4 members of our group found the food to be very average to poor. Don't think I will be rushing back very soon.

1  Thank George William S
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband visited the restaurant on Sunday 11th March with our 2 daughters and there husbands and our 2 grandchildren.The table was booked for 5pm, we booked it early so the children could be home and in bed in good time for school the next day, we didn’t get seated till 6pm then was still waiting for our food after 6 30pm. I complained a few times while we waited and although they apologised no food came, however they did give us a bottle of wine and a glass of bubbly
On the house and when I went to pay the bill the manager took 50% from the food bill which was nice of him. The food was very nice I just think that they underestimated how busy it would be on Mothering Sunday. I would visit again maybe on a quieter dat/ time.