“Good enough relaxed Lockdown3 outdoor organic lunch.”

Ben's Farm Shop Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Yealmpton
Price range: US$11 - US$32
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Our farm shop & café boast an array of locally produced, fine quality and often organic produce. In the café you will find a traditional English breakfast seven days a week and a rotating daily specials board focusing on what's in season and available at the time. We have a great range of deli foods and salads to eat in or take away, a fantastic traditional butchery counter specialising in free-range and organic meat from local South Devon farms, the best selection of fruit & vegetables around, West Country cheeses, smoked meat & fish, frozen fish, pantry goods, wine, local ales & ciders, olive bar & deli and some amazing chocolates! Café open Monday - Saturday: 9am - 4pm (food), 5.30pm (coffee and cakes) Sunday: 10am - 4pm (food), 4.30pm (coffee and cakes) Shop open Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm, Sunday: 10am - 5pm
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

1.30 May BH Monday was perhaps late to choose from the full menu but there were still pork and apple pies and spicy vegetable (bright yellow pastry) pasties, both served wit Mexican salad and Luscombe fruit mineral waters. Outside a well spaced airy and part shaded area where most people have dogs. Friendly helpful chatty staff and fairly quick service. Casual feel.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (190)

Reviewed 28 May 2021

I went in to buy a pasty which I do fairly regularly.
You have to buy it from the deli counter and they always ignore me waiting to be served.
Today I decided to say “excuse me” to the two people behind the counter, it took several attempts I waved as well until I was finally served by a surly girl.
I then went to the checkout to pay to be met by yet another rude member of staff who took offence by me searching in my handbag for my purse and told me I should me more organised! She then simply turned the screen of the till towards me, to show me my bill total, and said nothing, at this point I should have left my shopping, and just walked out, but I had promised my partner his pasty, so I paid and left.
There must be somewhere else that I can get veggies and pasties around here, and I am going to find it.

Date of visit: May 2021
2  Thank X580TPvickyr
Reviewed 20 April 2021 via mobile

Called in here while on holiday to top up with some bread, fruit and veg. Good variety of fruit and veg and a butchers on site. Cafe not open because of covid.

Reviewed 14 April 2021

Met up with siblings on first day the cafe was open again outdoors. Good welcome, clean facilities and good food. Returned later in day for tea and cakes. Hand sanitiser available and tables cleaned after each use.

Reviewed 18 December 2020

Order two bacon sandwiches waited 35 minutes only to be told they messed up , I said I can't wait any longer I need a refund the girl was very rude and just said you've had a refund and we will look into it with a face like thunder.

Date of visit: December 2020