“Awful”

Get food delivered
Neighborhood: New Town
Neighborhood: New Town
Reviewed 24 October 2021

Been to the van a lot this year but the last 3 times have been terrible. Won't be back. Yesterday was the worst yet. The batter was an uncooked soggy, doughy mess inside. Absolutely disgusting. The fish was so small, such a rip of at those prices. Got a single fish and a portion of chips. £10 for the lot, hardly any chips and mostly tiny bits of scraps of chip. I went to tell the staff about the batter and showed the young gentleman working there, I was shouted at my an older gentleman "no point telling him, he's new" I then proceeded to show him the batter and explain it hadn't been cooked fully. He said 'who served you" to which I replied it was a female. He replied "I'll let her know" that was it, no apology or anything. Very poor food and very poor customer service if they are happy to serve that without any care or apology for the customer. What a waste of £10. Awful. Wont be back.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (112)

Reviewed 20 October 2021

My wife and I often visit the Longniddrie van for a Sunday treat of fish and chips. Usually it meets our expectations, but last Sunday was really disappointing. We ordered our fish and chips and took them back to the car. On opening them we saw our chips were like small pieces of shrapnel. Our fish was no better. Couldn't eat the batter as it was brick hard. We broke the batter open so we could at least eat the fish, but to our dismay all we found was a sliver of over cooked and dried up fish, couldn't distinguish what type of fish as it wasn't recognisable, too thin and dry. Sad to say, a waste of £19 off our pension.

1  Thank 956stewartb
Reviewed 17 October 2021

My family were coming for lunch so I made the mistake of recommending a take away from here.
The chips certainly were not freshly made and all ended up in the bin. The fish, burger and sausage were edible but nothing great.
I made the mistake of thinking I should complain and was met with an I'm sorry but you should have brought the chips back. Did I have proof of purchase. What point is I'm sorry. What they are sorry they sold inedible chips. Their chips need to be eaten quickly after purchase. I am sure within 5 minutes should qualify. I was told that I was talking to the owner. At this point an older chap in the van came over and aggressively told me that I had had an apology what more did I want.

1  Thank Joji111
Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

Amazing..Best fish and chip we have had in a long time . Great location for a walk on the beach then grab something nice to eat or even a hot drink. The fish tasted excellent just how battered fish should and chip were crispy . Would highly recommend a visit

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

£9.50 for the smallest fish and chips ever. Never seen a fish so small.
Chips and a sprinkling of cheese £5.
When you charge these prices the food nerds to be top drawer, this falls far short, if the fish and chips was £4.50 they still would not be worth it.

Date of visit: August 2021